Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:15 PM

Default MPH KA55 Radar unit mounting?

I bought this off Ebay, works great, just not sure how it mounts, I am attaching one pic of the ebay auction, and one a closer up pic of the antenna mount, it is like a triangle, with suction cups on it, and springs with S hooks, I have googled, and searched on here, cant seem to figure out how this bracket would work.. Would love to see somebody who has this same setup mounted in their car(both the unit box, and antenna)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG032.jpg (26.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg $(KGrHqIOKpsE5WuOEgQFBOc53U(G,!~~_12.jpg (33.8 KB, 30 views)
Old 11-07-2011, 08:46 AM

The suction cup end of the triangle is intended to go into the seam formed by the dashboard and the windshield and the springs are meant to hook to the defroster vents. Frequently those springs were worn out or too long and a bungee cord was substituted. Also, lots of Velcro. Sometimes we removed the springs and covered the bottom of the mount in Velcro and stuck it to the dash.

"You know, I think it was James Joyce who said that a genius makes no mistakes, that his errors are on purpose and they become the portholes of discovery, that's the kind of thing you say when you do something real stupid." Red Green
Old 11-07-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by litsnsirn View Post
The suction cup end of the triangle is intended to go into the seam formed by the dashboard and the windshield and the springs are meant to hook to the defroster vents. Frequently those springs were worn out or too long and a bungee cord was substituted. Also, lots of Velcro. Sometimes we removed the springs and covered the bottom of the mount in Velcro and stuck it to the dash.
Check out the pictures of the 1990 twilight blue, Missouri state car for sale, on this website.
Gregg has an interior picture and you will see MSHP used a aluminum support under the mount you have.
This is exactly how mine was mounted in My 93 MSP Stang!
Worked great and very stable!
Old 11-07-2011, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by litsnsirn View Post
Thanks for the reply, the only place i could see where this mount would work then would be above the instrument cluster on an aero car right?