Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:23 PM

Default 1982 CHP SSP

Well, I'm still testing the waters, just a little more formally. One of my projects has to go. I need to de-hoard.
This is 0366 and thanks to Sam, we now know that it was up in Bakersfield.

This is a project.
I bought the car disassembled it and had the body painted.
The engine is still on a stand.

I bought the FMR weatherstripping kit, a good used shifter surround, good used battery tray, parts to reinstall the side windows, and some other interior parts that will need to be dyed.

What would be needed to finish.
Windshield
Fan shroud
Brake booster
Brake line kit
Clutch
Gasket set for the engine
Dash
New A/C stuff
Interior redo( I was still hoping that enough of us with 82's to finish could get a batch of the seat covers made on a small volume scale and get a discount, but it has yet to happen)
reassemble

I have more than $10k in it as it sits and I would take something in the neighborhood of half. Some CHP gear came with the car, some was given to me, and some was bought by me on Ebay, etc... If it came with the car or was given to me, it will stay with the car. Parts that I purchased separately will be available as separate items. Let me know if you are interested or want more info. Alternately, if you want a CHP Monterey, we can talk, too.

I have extra CC1 parts, if anyone is interested, please let me know.

"You know, I think it was James Joyce who said that a genius makes no mistakes, that his errors are on purpose and they become the portholes of discovery, that's the kind of thing you say when you do something real stupid." Red Green
Old 04-16-2012, 12:47 AM
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs

GLWS!
Not too hard to find the missing parts or even a parts car.
You're welcome about the location

What kind of CC1 extras do you have?

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
CHP Motor Transport Mustangs
Old 04-16-2012, 12:59 AM

So far, from what I've found, I have a spare head in the original state, spare head with the blue cutoff light, and an amp.

"You know, I think it was James Joyce who said that a genius makes no mistakes, that his errors are on purpose and they become the portholes of discovery, that's the kind of thing you say when you do something real stupid." Red Green
Old 05-12-2012, 01:35 AM

Giving myself a bump.

Old 07-03-2012, 12:10 PM

Giving myself a bump, once again, selling a paint job with a project car under it or alternately, the CHP Monterey...

Old 07-03-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by litsnsirn View Post
Well, I'm still testing the waters, just a little more formally. One of my projects has to go. I need to de-hoard.
This is 0366 and thanks to Sam, we now know that it was up in Bakersfield.

This is a project.
I bought the car disassembled it and had the body painted.
The engine is still on a stand.

I bought the FMR weatherstripping kit, a good used shifter surround, good used battery tray, parts to reinstall the side windows, and some other interior parts that will need to be dyed.

What would be needed to finish.
Windshield
Fan shroud
Brake booster
Brake line kit
Clutch
Gasket set for the engine
Dash
New A/C stuff
Interior redo( I was still hoping that enough of us with 82's to finish could get a batch of the seat covers made on a small volume scale and get a discount, but it has yet to happen)
reassemble

I have more than $10k in it as it sits and I would take something in the neighborhood of half. Some CHP gear came with the car, some was given to me, and some was bought by me on Ebay, etc... If it came with the car or was given to me, it will stay with the car. Parts that I purchased separately will be available as separate items. Let me know if you are interested or want more info. Alternately, if you want a CHP Monterey, we can talk, too.

I have extra CC1 parts, if anyone is interested, please let me know.

That sure is a nice start for some one wanting to get into the hobby of CHP vehicles. CC1 Parts?... You wouldnt by chance have the cable that connects the CC1 to the MP-Amp ?
Old 07-04-2012, 01:17 AM

I have one cable and first dibs will be if it goes with the car.

I think I have two extra heads and an extra amp, one head has the blue light for use with a lightbar. I have a regular USA1 remote siren, cable, and head, anyone know if that will work?

Old 07-04-2012, 02:10 AM
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs

Smile

I think it would be super fun to finish this car!
Glad I could help find out it's area office.

I think that you should roll the car outside if possible and clean it up, then take some new pictures of it. And pictures of the engine and interior pieces would be nice

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
CHP Motor Transport Mustangs
Old 07-07-2012, 05:36 PM

How complete is it? Boxes of parts when you got it, or have you inventoried? How nice is the paint job, it's hard to tell from the pictures, jams/underhood?
Interior complete? Needs dash hull or pad? And where are you located? Did the po say it ran before? Thanks
Old 07-09-2012, 02:16 PM

I think the paint is really good, but I am not a classic Ferrari guy either. The guys that painted it took pictures while it was in process. Glass was out, front and rear bumpers were off, hood was off, etc...

The issue with me washing it is that my well water is really hard and I still have old galvanized pipes, let me tell you, I'll never buy a white bathtub again and I wouldn't put the water on the car. For right now, I figure the best thing is to leave the protective coat of dust alone.