Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:30 PM

Well,
looks like I am in trouble. Car failed the visual smog inspection. A number of vacuum hoses are missing, the EGR does not work, the timing is retarded, and some wiring appears to be modified. I wouldn't even know where to start. Anyone know of a good Mustang mechanic in my area (Santa Maria, CA)?
Old 06-02-2011, 10:16 PM

Default 1990 Santa Clara

Hi guys, the marked SSP that you guys have shown is actually my car 90727. This car was assigned to the Sheriff's Department, and assigned to the town of Cupertino as one of two traffic cars. I have owned the car since 2004. While it started out with those stripes, I have in service pictures of the car, with just a star on the doors and a magnetic sign that said Cupertino. My car is White, AOD with a Blue interior. Radio Delete and siren holes in the front bumper. It has dual spots. I did also owned 90131. Red AOD, Grey interior. Similar to JD's. Mine also had the Hot Shoe on the Passenger side visor. It wandered around New Jersey, and last I knew it was heading West.

Stu

90131 Sold
FHP0013 Sold
FHP1663
Old 06-03-2011, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADSGT View Post
Hi guys, the marked SSP that you guys have shown is actually my car 90727. This car was assigned to the Sheriff's Department, and assigned to the town of Cupertino as one of two traffic cars. I have owned the car since 2004. While it started out with those stripes, I have in service pictures of the car, with just a star on the doors and a magnetic sign that said Cupertino. My car is White, AOD with a Blue interior. Radio Delete and siren holes in the front bumper. It has dual spots. I did also owned 90131. Red AOD, Grey interior. Similar to JD's. Mine also had the Hot Shoe on the Passenger side visor. It wandered around New Jersey, and last I knew it was heading West.

Stu

90131 Sold
FHP0013 Sold
FHP1663
Wow, those cars really did find their way far from "home." Thanks for the info, I remember seeing many of the marked cars when I lived in that county and I'd sure like to see any photos, in-service and current, that you have. Can you post some up?
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Old 06-03-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac88chp View Post
I'd sure like to see any photos, in-service and current, that you have. Can you post some up?
+1...post up some pics when you have an opportunity.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/