Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:10 PM

Default Florida Highway Patrol #1118

It is with a sad heart that I type this post, but I am forced to sell my 92 SSP FHP Mustang. This car has got to be one of the most original UNRESTORED marked unit FHP Mustangs on the planet. If you ever wished you could go back in time and buy one straight out of service here is your chance. This car still retains almost all of it's original paint. The only pieces that have been changed and painted are the drivers side front fender and the front bumper due to an in service accident. This is the famous "fire hydrant" SSP. While in service in 1994 it was dropped off at tropical ford, two mechanics upon completetion of the repairs took the car for a test drive to a remote industrial area. They launched the car hit second gear and spun off the road stoping up againast a fire hydrant. The damage was only cosmetic no frame damage see the post at http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ead.php?t=1440
for actual crime scene photos of the event. I also have 26 printed photos and the police report from the FHP that goes to the new owner. Tropical ford performed the repairs on the car usuing genuine ford replacement parts.This car is still in remarkable original condition, it is NOT a show car. It shows some scratches and dings and the lower body has the usual sandblast effect mustangs get with age. But it still presents itself very well, to repaint this car would be a CRIME they are only original ONCE! and originality always brings more money than restored. This car was always in the south since it's sale at auction and it has just come out of long term storage. The person I bought it from had it sitting indoors for a bunch of years. The motor runs excellent it does not smoke even on cold startup and has no noises. The car is still very fast! I have owned many 87-93 mustangs and this one is real strong. The clutch still grabs good and the trans shifts smooth. Before I purchased the car I took the car to a major highway and proceeded to take it quickly up to 90 MPH with no issues (and with the a/c blowing cold as I drove it) After I purchased the car I did plugs and wires, cap and rotor, oil change, air filter and it runs even smoother now. The interior looks to be all original it needs a good steam cleaning but is not all ripped up. You can even see some pen marks still on the dash from where the officer used to keep his pen. Some of the things that amaze me about this car besides the original paint are as follows. The underhood area is untouched it still has the greasepen 1118 clearly written under the hood. The clutch activated kill switch is still under the dash, hooked up and working. The original antenna cables still lay in the trunk where the repeater would be mounted. All the original spare tire stuff is still there (full size spare goodyear eagle gt+4 tire) jack and lugwrench. The original spotlight still works great. The buck tags are still there as well as the dso sticker which looks like new. In car ticket lamp still there and works great. If you are a true SSP collector this car will blow you away with its originality. Like I said earlier it would be a CRIME to paint this car, but there are a few things I would do mechanically that it needs. Minor stuff nothing major, the pass side rear wheel cylinder does not leak but when the car sits a while it stiffens up. When you first go to move it it frees up quick and then is fine. One of the other things it needs is an airbag sensor up front the light is blinking and that is real easy to change. The tires are old on the car they are not worn out, they hold air fine they are just dry and should be replaced. The heater core has been bypassed I was told that was done because the previous owner did not want it to leak while the car was in long term storage but I am asumming it needs to be replaced, other than that stuff this is a great car. It currently has 137,000 miles on it, all the lights, guages, wipers, A/C and horn work. I have not taken it on any long drives just local stuff it starts all the time and shifts smooth and stops well. The features I have added to the car are a correct lightbar with new crystal clear globes and new blue filters. It operates excellent it spins fast has four blue rotators, two clear takedown spots on the front and alley lights on each side. When the rotators are activated the two blue lights on the rear deck blink. I hooked up a new lighted four switch box into existing holes on the dash not to add any more. It has also been lettered with the correct FHP crests, state troopers on fenders, roof numbers and duplicate front and rear license plates. The only things that have been changed from original on this car are a sinch to change back to stock 1. the radio a modern cd deck has been added 2.shifter, the previous owner said the original unit was worn so he put an aftermarket shifter in and 3. it has a flowmaster cat back which sounds great and has the small stock type tailpipes everything else is just as it left the FHP those three items are the only deviations from stock. The only other thing it needs is ventvisors good luck finding them LOL! I wanted to offer the car here first because I want it to go to someone who will appreciate it for what it is not re-paint it or hack it up. I also want to thank all the members here who have helped me with their knowledge. I will sell this car for $10,995 which I feel is quite fair considering it's originality. I can not take any trades I need the cash and will offer it here before the dreaded ebay. I have a clear NC title in my name I am not a dealer and do not offer financing. Please e-mail me with any questions I have a ton of photos available mr50seven@mi-connection.com I can store the car for a few weeks if you need to arrange shipping. Check out the current photos below Thanks again to all the great people on this site!

<br>
<br>
<br>
Florida Highway Patrol marked unit #1118 Troop D
Old 12-29-2008, 09:12 PM

Default MORE PHOTOS

MORE PHOTOS
<br>
<br>
<br>
Old 12-29-2008, 09:15 PM

Default MORE PHOTOS

<br>
<br>
<br>
Old 12-29-2008, 09:32 PM

Sorry you have to sell. Very nice car! Good luck, I hope it goes to a good home, not someone that just wants to flip it.

1993 FHP 813
1986 UHP SSP slicktop- Getting there little by little.
1993 Floyd Co Ga\Rome Ga pd SSP SOLD

E
ven grief recedes with time, but we must Never Forget. 9-11-01

Mustang Club of America member.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:54 PM
CHiPster

Great price for this car. I hope it goes to a good home. By the way, is this car the same as the one pictured below?
Old 12-29-2008, 10:55 PM
Admin

Good luck with the sale....if you don't mind me asking, why are you selling it?

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 12-29-2008, 10:59 PM
CHiPster

This one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7320_1.jpg (24.7 KB, 285 views)
Old 12-30-2008, 03:42 AM

I'm trying to sell my Cobra as fast as I can to buy this...awesome car!
Old 12-30-2008, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
Good luck with the sale....if you don't mind me asking, why are you selling it?
I need the cash, my wife and I are helping out some old friends that fell on some hard times. They helped us out when we first got married so it is only right that we help them get back on their feet. If I did not have to I would NEVER be selling this car, I looked at too much junk before I bought it and I know I will never find another like it. I will be crying like a little girl when it leaves
Old 12-30-2008, 11:49 AM

Hmmmm, nice car. Very Cool. Didnt you just buy it a short time ago?