Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 01-01-2019, 04:46 PM

Default 1988 GSP on Ebay

1FABP40E0JF225739

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113495002222

Quote:
Hello All, I have decided to list my 1988 Mustang Coupe. I have a lot of changes coming in my life soon including marriage, new job, starting a business, and buying a house. I have 3 mustangs currently and it is time to start thinning the herd. I have considered parting the car out and putting back to stock and/or stealing some of the parts for my other cars. However, I would like to see if there is a market for the car as is. This ad is for the sale of the entire car. If I decide to part it I will create a separate thread. Please do not clutter this one.

I bought the car running and driving out of London, KY in 2013 with 90k original miles. Since then pretty much everything short of the transmission and driveshaft have been replaced. The title is clear and it just rolled over the 100k mark. There is evidence that this was a SSP car out of Georgia.

The car runs good, I have daily driven it for up to a week when the weather permits it. I have not taken it to the track. This is a great running and driving project for someone to continue. I have just gotten to the point where I needed to spend another $20-25K to take the car to the next level and would rather use that money elsewhere.

I have a binder full of receipts totaling $11,000 of parts that I have purchased. Mods with a * indicate I have the receipt.
It was dyno tuned at Blankenship’s in Louisville and made a tad over 400rwhp at 6psi. Since then I upgraded to the AEM and have not dynoed the car since but estimate its closer to 450rwhp. I do have a smaller pulley that will come with the car.
Link to build thread: https://www.svtperformance.com/threa...build.1135540/

LongBlock
• Vortech V1 Polished Supercharger
• China Polished Typhoon Intake
• Fluidyne Aluminum Radiator
• TFS Chromemoly Pushrods*
• TFS Stud Mount Rockers*
• Forged Rods and Pistons (can provide video/picture evidence)
• DSS main girdle
• ARP Head Studs
• F303 Camshaft*
• TFS 170 Cylinder Heads*
• Comp Cams double roller timing set*
• Cobra water pump pulley*

Drivetrain
• Stock T5 and Driveshaft
• FMS 31 Spline Cobra Diff*
• FMS Flywheel*
• Ram Powegrip clutch set*
• Ford Performance 3.55 gears*
• Moser 31 spline axles*
Maximum Motorpsorts OEM style Clutch cable and quadrant kit

Fuel
• Glenns performance sleeper 1000hp system (tank) w/ Aeromotive Components (filter, fuel pump, etc)
• Siemens Deka 80lb Injectors
• Trickflow Billet Fuel Rails*
• Aeromotive regulator ECU/Misc Electrical
• AEM Standalone ECU (laptop included)
• GM Coil Conversion*
• AEM MAP Sensor
• Satin Aluminum Battery Box*
• Innovative motorsports Wideband*
• Fuel Pressure, Oil Pressure, and Boost Gauge Suspension/Brakes
• Cobra R Brembo Brakes and Rotors
• North Racecars full rear cobra kit*
• 1993 Cobra Master Cylinder*
• 94/95 Spindles
• Ford OEM Hubs*
• Bilstein Struts (Sn-95)*
• Bilstein Shocks (sn-95)*
• Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates*
• 03/04 OEM Ford Cobra Wheels
• NT-05R rear and Goodrich Front*
• Ford Motorsport Front Lower Control Arms*
• Rear Upper Control Arms BBK*
• FMS 1.5 Drop springs* • ARP Rear Wheel Studs*
• Eibach Rear sway bar Other
• Custom Side Exit Exhaust*
• BBK O/R H-Pipe*
• Torque Boxes Welded

Known Issues:
-The interior needs to be put back together. I have most of the interior panels. I have a set or black coupe rear seats. I do not have carpet for the car.
-The car grinds going into 3rd gear under WOT. There is an intermittent drivetrain vibration in high rpm.
-The gas gauge is the only operational gauge in the cluster. It is not compatible with the AEM. I was going to buy a racepak, but never got around to it
-The heater was bypassed in the engine bay. This was done when I bought the car so I am assuming the heater core was leaking. I have not tested this theory.
-A previous owner decided to put a small hole through the firewire to run a battery cable. It is in front of the pedals
-The cowl was bent in from a hood flying up at some point. I had plans of doing a full replacement but never got around to it. Some filler was used and it was painted black. There are also two dents on the roof from this tragedy.
-The hood is an OEM piece painted black.
-The paint is old. Where this is believed to be a SSP car, it looks like someone did not do a complete respray, only the white areas were painted blue. Depending on your tastes, it could need a complete new paint job.
-The Eibach rear sway bar never fit correctly with the off-brand rear lower control arms that came with the car.
-Dent in passengers side skirt

In summary, it has been a fun project and is a great driver since installing the AEM. With the suspension upgrades everything feels tight and it handles great. It is a lot of fun on the street and would be a great project for someone to drive and work on. I also have a cabinet full of misc stock, new, and spare parts that will be included with the car.

AI am not interested in trades, but may consider a clean new edge Saleen in white or blue.

I am located in Lexington, KY.
VIN Project: http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info225739.htm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 88-225739pic1.jpg (36.3 KB, 55 views)