Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Welcome!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Welcome! New Member/Visitor area. Feel free to post up any questions you have about the site or the forums.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:42 PM

Congratulations!

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 10-30-2008, 09:46 AM

Default SSP is home!

Picked up the SSP last night before the Phillies game (YEA on both counts!~)

Still learning my way around the car today. I've been in a few Fox Stangs before, but I think this is the first one I've ever driven (at least that I remember). Handling was a concern for me driving home last night (all of 5 miles) because it was quite "whallowy", but once in the garage I could see that all 4 tires were grossly underinflated. That was an easy fix, and the car rides much sharper today. Still getting a feel for the clutch engagement. It's also hard to tell from driving it what gears are in the back (previous owner swapped in an 8.8"). The speedo is broken, but it does chatter behind the dash. It's just tough to guage mph right now, and with the tags having expired in 2006 I don't want to attract any attention til I get it licensed/titled (hopefully later today).

Here are a couple of more pics (engine and interior):

The seats are out of a 91 Mustang I was told. The headliner rests on my head while driving, and various plastic parts have that sticky nasty tackiness that comes with age. On the positive, the car is an SSP!!!

In terms of SSP goodies, I have not found the 2nd buck tag, and I'll need to remove the one that's there so I can fully read it. Both A-pillars have holes for dual spots. There is a patch visible from inside the trunk for the whip antenna, and there is a hole in the door jam for the forward clip that would hold the antenna. The original 15x7" steel wheel still resides in the trunk, but the tire is an off brand. The trunk release to the right of the steering wheel works. There is no front license plate bracket (Delaware doesn't use front plates), so there isn't a way to look for the CHP unit number on the bracket.

Interesting notes about the car:
o There is a center console
o The outside trim of the car is painted black
o Upon quick examination, the front bumper wasn't cut/patched for a speaker

That's all for now. I just emailed pics to my insurance agent to get that covered, and will hopefully get it tagged today. Wish me luck!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 10-30-2008, 10:09 AM

Those seats are out of a '87-'89, those are the smoke gray tweed style they had. '90 and up went with the titanium. The full console shouldn't be there. The outside trim, are you talking about the chrome trim around the glass?
http://public.fotki.com/predator2020/
Old 10-30-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
Those seats are out of a '87-'89, those are the smoke gray tweed style they had. '90 and up went with the titanium. The full console shouldn't be there. The outside trim, are you talking about the chrome trim around the glass?

Yes, you can see the blacked-out trim following the pic link in my signature. I figure the console went it the same time the seats were installed (thanks for pinnning down the vintage. The seller was told the wheels were off a Saleen Mustang, but I knew better.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 10-30-2008, 11:14 AM

I had to play with the contrast to get the characters to display, but here is a pic of the door tag with the last 6 of the VIN omitted -

[sorry for the lousy pic quality]

Old 10-30-2008, 11:25 AM

Can anybody decipher my interior trim code of "FAC"? I guess it's the C that's puzzling.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Can anybody decipher my interior trim code of "FAC"? I guess it's the C that's puzzling.
Looks good....wish they hadn't put holes in those door panels, though.

The '85 that Marcos now owns has the same DSO and interior codes as yours.

Congrats on the purchase.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 10-30-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
I can look those codes up for you when I get home from work tonight. I may also have a good deal for you on a brand new headliner.
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Old 10-30-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
Looks good....wish they hadn't put holes in those door panels, though.
The '85 that Marcos now owns has the same DSO and interior codes as yours.

Congrats on the purchase.

Those are tiny speakers for the radio that doesn't work.

I noticed that the interior dome light works when the door is open. Perhaps a previous owner hooked up the doorjam switches again?

mac88chp, let me know about the headliner. I definitely want to replace the headliner. I'd also like to replace the original CHP antenna(s) too. Anybody know where I can find those? I'm not looking for radio gear, but the two antennae would look perfect on the car.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
The "C" shouldn't be there. The "F" stands for the seats, low back buckets. "A" for the color, charcoal. Must be a SSP thing with the "C".
http://public.fotki.com/predator2020/