Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:54 AM
VIN guru

Any parts in the interior can be painted or dyed a different color. You just have to find the parts that are correct for '82 and then the correct shade of paint and dye. Most of those parts were carried over from years before and used years after so finding them should not be a big deal.

Walker used to make a twin tip that was close to original. Don't know if they still do. And if I remember, it was not chromed or polished. Stinger Performance sells a chromed twin tip for $50.

The ebay seller stated the unit number was 0448. Don't know where they got that info from, whether it was the usual spot above the door tag, or somewhere else. I've never seen the door tag or buck tags from this car so perhaps now that it has turned up we can get them.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
Heh! That explains why I had Bill's name associated with the entry in my four-eyed Fox database. He's the one that got a copy of the Eminger invoice.
Kevin has been a great asset to work with (Bill and you, too!).

It's cars like this one that show the value of the VIN project. There's no guessing as to what the car is or was, since the documentation exists and is posted for all to see.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 03-01-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
The ebay seller stated the unit number was 0448. Don't know where they got that info from, whether it was the usual spot above the door tag, or somewhere else. I've never seen the door tag or buck tags from this car so perhaps now that it has turned up we can get them.
I forgot that the seller had posted up this DMV paperwork listing the car's original license plate number -

So this car was CHP #870448. If I am reading the paperwork correctly, there was only one registered owner of the car after the CHP.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Addicted to CHPs/SSPs

Very easy car to find parts for(except original interior). Just find a rusted 82 4spd GT with a good drivetrain.
Like FoxChassis said, the interior panels can be died, just have to get one or two nice original correct color panels and get the color matched. I'm doing that with my SSP. NOS seat material can be found, there are upholstery guys out there that make it their job to hunt down original upholstery.
When I looked at the speaker hole in the bumper in his pictures, it looked like the bottom part of the bumper wasn't there. May have just been the lighting.
The car still has it's key tag with unit # too.
Probably the hardest thing to find equipment wise would be the gun rack if you want an original. I'm still on the hunt for an original for my 85. All the other equipment shows up on eBay from time to time.

If you want an 82 CHP, this is it. It's not like everything on the car is CHP SSP specific. If you spend a little time and search, you will find most all that is missing.
Good Luck

Sam-
1985 CHP #8337
CHP Motor Transport Mustangs
Old 03-01-2012, 09:00 PM

Talk to the seller, he may have some original CHP equipment. The reason I thought he was Robert, is because this guy has posted quite a bit of CHP stuff on Ebay in the past.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:08 PM

Talking

Thanks for all the input, it really helps! OK, finally got a reply from the owner, who says the car is accident free (core support and rear pans are nice), there is no rust issues. He did say that the buck tags are NOT there, this is the one thing that I was hoping was still there. Could the buck tags be reproduced? The speedo is gone also. He does not have any of the original equipment or any CHP stuff.
The drivetrain items appears to be easily obtained as is most of the interior. Are the door panels specific to this year/trim?
I would like to restore this as close as I can to original/correct so I would like to find the specific items like the shotgun rack/mic brackets etc
Not sure about finding an 82 rust bucket out here, it is AZ after all...
Thanks for all the help!
Old 03-02-2012, 06:01 PM

This auction is entertaining.

First, the car doesn't hit its reserve and ends at $837. The seller re-lists the car with a $800 buy it now option, but it doesn't sell. Then the seller re-lists it again with another reserve (probably $800) and the car is currently at $885. It will surely hit $900 this time.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:19 PM

ebay is comedy most of the time. I buy very little there anymore due to all the fees, and unscrupulous morons that invest the place.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 03-02-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
and unscrupulous morons that invest the place.
that's a good one jim...did you intend that as an oxymoron or mean to write infest. either word fits pretty good.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 03-03-2012, 11:36 AM

I thought interest would be low again this time around. I started bidding but the same bidder keeps one upping me, so i figure a "buddy bidder" is helping him raise the amount. I met the reserve at 800. I stopped at $880. I wont go much higher because i paid $1000 for my 87 mesa PD ssp that was complete. I would have BIN for 8 if i had found it earlier...
Lets see if the high bidder actually pays.....
Ahhh, the ebay bafoonery!