Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Show Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Show Info A place to share information on upcoming shows or other events.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2015, 07:30 PM

Default MSHP 100th Recruit Graduation Ceremony

I'm excited to share that I received a personal invitation from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Captain / Director Law Enforcement Academy to attend and display my 1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol Mustang at their 100th Recruit Graduation on June 26th. The graduation events are held on the south lawn of the Missouri State Capitol Building (weather permitting).

This same MSHP Captain also happens to be the MSHP Trooper who was assigned to my SSP Mustang the entire time it was in service with the MSHP. I've had the fortune of speaking with him a number of times and meeting him on two occasions. The last time I met with him was when reuniting him with his former Mustang at MSHP General Headquarters in Jeff City after returning it to in-service specs in 2010. See attached photo when he drove me around the compound in his former SSP. When he sat in it with me and stated "this is exactly how I remember it", everything was worth it at that very moment. At that time, he was a Lieutenant / Assistant Director Professional Standards Division. He was later promoted to Captain / Director of that division and it seems has now been about 18 months (or thereabouts) since his promotion as Captain / Director for the Academy.

As you can imagine, I'm very excited about this opportunity . It's going to be a unique opportunity for the both of us! Thankfully it's not during PCOOA Branson, but I only wish they were closer together in time proximity. If only it were closer to me and I had more of me to go around, it would be fun to include my 1990 MSHP Mustang in the festivities as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 93 MSHP SSP reunited Lt. Vince Rice 4-16-10.9.jpg (46.8 KB, 55 views)

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/