Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPI View Post
I guess I simply have to say that I'm having a tough time believing what you are saying....
What I'm having a tough time believing is what a condescending jerk you are in your replies to people here. Seriously, why be like that? Does it really serve a purpose? If someone says they are aware of shoddy work in a particular instance and you have not personally observed the work in this one instance, how can you argue with that? I have nothing to gain by being untruthful. I've already wasted a whole 5 minutes of my life typing my replies to you. All I can attest is to what I've personally seen and what I saw of M-Squad's work sucked. Yes, it really was their work, no one else's. Other people may have vastly different experiences but in this case, they failed. Deal with it and get over it.

1989 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang - P294

www.fotki.com/mustangretriever
Old 03-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangretriever View Post
What I'm having a tough time believing is what a condescending jerk you are in your replies to people here. Seriously, why be like that? Does it really serve a purpose? If someone says they are aware of shoddy work in a particular instance and you have not personally observed the work in this one instance, how can you argue with that? I have nothing to gain by being untruthful. I've already wasted a whole 5 minutes of my life typing my replies to you. All I can attest is to what I've personally seen and what I saw of M-Squad's work sucked. Yes, it really was their work, no one else's. Other people may have vastly different experiences but in this case, they failed. Deal with it and get over it.
Eric,

There's two sides to every story, as you well know, and I've heard a little from both. Don't you find it a little odd that the OP never weighed back in? FWIW, I don't think that the guy was saying you were being untruthful.

Instead of name calling, which didn't occur here until your post, I'd suggest taking whatever other comments you have to GSPI to PMs.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 03-30-2011, 11:00 PM
...Gathering Parts

Quote:
I can see that you are upset. I am over it. It was over a while ago. I simply don't agree and you don't agree with me and that's that. I've seen the work on many occasions as I've stated before and you have seen some work too but that does not make me anything other than disagreeable with you, not "a jerk". I've taken more than 5 minutes to help people understand that which I will not or cannot give back to you.

I have been cordial and apologetic to copcamaro and the rest stating if I had offended anyone as it is not my intent. However, no matter what, I have to disagree as I've put my money out on those decals too on multiple occasions.

Then again I don't understand this situation here as well as I guess I should since I normally restore police vehicles with 4 doors or two and three wheels that are much older than 1988.

Good luck with your ventures there Mr. retriever.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Then again I don't understand this situation here as well as I guess I should since I normally restore police vehicles with 4 doors or two and three wheels that are much older than 1988.

Good luck with your ventures there Mr. retriever.
And I wonder why I called you condescending? Enjoy those old police cars, eventually they might be just as cool as a Mustang SSP!

Old 03-31-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
Instead of name calling, which didn't occur here until your post...
Ok, I shouldn't have used jerk, it's just what came to mind. :-)

Old 03-31-2011, 11:25 AM
...Gathering Parts

Quote:
And I wonder why I called you condescending? Enjoy those old police cars, eventually they might be just as cool as a Mustang SSP!
460 under the hood is cool. Old Harleys are cool. I think the SSP Mustang has to age a little more before it's vintage cool.

I am truly a "work in progress". I really need to take lessons. Can you help?
Old 03-31-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
460 under the hood is cool. Old Harleys are cool. I think the SSP Mustang has to age a little more before it's vintage cool.

I am truly a "work in progress". I really need to take lessons. Can you help?
I never said Mustang SSP's were vintage cool. But really, a Mustang that's a police car? How cool is that? I entered police work in 96 after most of the Mustangs were gone but how cool would it have been to drive one on-duty? Especially with a 5 speed manual? My SSP is an 89, so at 22 years old, in my book that's old enough since I'm "only" 36. :-) My first patrol car was a 94 Caprice with an LT-1, that was pretty damn cool to! I don't think that age plays that big of a factor in a car's coolness, it definitely plays a part but it's not everything. To me, a new Hemi Charger police car is cool to.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:16 PM
...Gathering Parts

As a former mechanical forensic investigator, under cover is all I've had to work with since 1989... nothing marked so this is all cool to see and play with. LT1's were ok after everyone got to understand how to drive them correctly but I liked the boxy cars as they had more character (even though the seat belt position sucked in 1990).

For reference, I did have an 87 Saleen (#231) for a short while and it was very cool and very fast but not an SSP. I had an old school Camaro (69 SS) in 1978, Corvettes too during the early 80's so sporty cars are cool in my book. So I can be taught some new tricks at 49 years of age.

In 1996 I got the bug for copcars in general when I was an instructor in auto arson and autotheft investigation work when Ford legal brought out some copcars for testing during one of those sessions. Problem was that with the prototypical work that I had in hand at the time, these cars were WAY too new for restoration so I waited for a while and collected parts during those years to build a vintage cruiser and I've built a few already. I've had eyes on the Mustangs since they are both sporty and a copcar but I still have a concern about them being too new for the public eye. My newer Diplomat still causes too much of a stir for my liking at times when driving it in town for shows so the older cruisers - '78 and '49 Fords do the trick for now.

As an aside, I did have one of the Charger prototypes out for a run in '06 and yes they are cool but too twitchy for my liking so the new Ford Interceptor will be much better in control with the same lighting fast acceleration from my current experience with the AWD twin turbo.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:57 PM
Admin

Quote:
Ok, I shouldn't have used jerk, it's just what came to mind. :-)
Is the PM button broken?

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 03-31-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
I've had eyes on the Mustangs since they are both sporty and a copcar but I still have a concern about them being too new for the public eye.
I can see that with the '87 & newer SSP's that have the aero front-end. One of the reasons the four-eyed SSP's appeal to me is that they appear older from the front.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!