Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Welcome!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Welcome! New Member/Visitor area. Feel free to post up any questions you have about the site or the forums.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:52 AM

Welcome to the site.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:24 PM

Hi All, Thanks very much for the warm welcome. The car has the light Blue interior, it need a little work on the seats and the Map pockets on the doors need a little work. Its a great car and I have been cleaning and detailing the car since I got it home.

David gave me an extra set of rims which I am sending out to be redone and then will swap out the rims on the car. He has been great, answering all my questions as I come up with them each day.

I hope to get it to my friend to redo the seats next week.
There is an all Ford show this weekend some of my friends are going with their FHP cars-I am just going to show up-there -I have not told them I got this car yet.
I want to get some shots of this car with the lights on behind my Z28's
Thanks again Take care Ben
Old 05-28-2009, 11:05 PM

Ben, Welcome to the site. I saw your car as it was headed down to the Mustang Anniv show...car is in super shape! I think the car is great and it seems you are taking care of those small things that will make it 100%. I'm a Chevy guy too but these cars are so much fun to drive and the guys on the forum are very helpful and are committed to preserving these units. Enjoy the car, you have a unique one there John
1991 Santa Clara #91054 SOLD
Old 06-05-2009, 02:35 PM

Thumbs up Welcome and Glad to find where my old car is..

Hello, and Welcome..

you have purchased one fine mustang there- I purhcased Unit#217 NVHP Mustang back in 2001 and spent a good year+ restoring it, loved working on it, did David include all the photos of the restoration of me working onthe car and the process of the body and paint work etc.. I hope so I sent them to him. with the car. I do have other photos i can share withyou sometime of you woul dlike to see them.

on the wheels- the originals where the not the wheels that came on the car from David, the originals were painted black from Ford, then Nevada Painted them Blue to match the car, as there was too many complaints from the public when they 1st were running the early 90's mustangs with the original silver finished 10 hole wheels so they then requested ford to paint them black before delivery, then they didnt like the look of the black after purcase so they painted them blue, told to me by a trooper froom Nevada.

anyways im very happy you bought the car and congrats!! hope to see it again one day, take some digital photos and pst them of the shows you attend etc..

Ryan Forsloff

1985 OSP Oregon State Police SSP Mustang undergoing complete restoration
Old 06-05-2009, 03:11 PM

if the other wheels that David gave you are full blue power coated wheels those are the original, but i had them powder coated, and when done they did not match as well as i had hoped to the paint color. but just something to think about.

The Nevada Highway patrol had many differant wheels and combinations on the mustangs, no 2 were exactly set up the same, I have spoke with many Nevada Troopers and they all had the mustangs set up (radios, shot guns, radar, CB locations all differant, or somewhat differant, David re-did the interior electronics layout and i must say I like what he did, He is very much a purist and really pays great attention to deatils, but it really helps him that he owns a Ford Dealership too...LOL

Thanks ask away with anyquestions, or drop me a line direct.
nhpmustang@yahoo.com

Ryan

1985 OSP Oregon State Police SSP Mustang undergoing complete restoration