Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:48 PM

Default 1988 SSP $5000

I've decided to let this car go. I'm hoping it will go to someone who will restore, or at least not mod. Car has been registered, just waiting to receive title, should be any time. I have a thread here, http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ead.php?t=4826 that lists about everything I know about it. Almost all stock. Has just over 4000 showing on the odometer now, and it's still getting drove a little. I broke the passenger exterior door handle, when it froze shut, but that should be fixed before to long. Have a full new set of front light lenses. Overall it's pretty straight, and rust free, except for a little surface and the spots shown. I tried to take pics of all the little nicks on the outside. I believe at one time it had a little fender bender in the front. I will get it on a lift and get pics of the underneath, it's about as solid as they come. I also need to get more interior pics, as it cleans up pretty good.

I'm not in a hurry to get rid of this right now, would just really like to see it go to a good home. I would be willing to trade for other Foxbodies. Preferably a 4eyes with T-tops, or perhaps a 4 cylinder for my son. Also need a good set of heads, like AFR 185's or similar, and a WC rebuilt T-5 .
Old 04-11-2013, 05:38 PM

Car is located outside Kansas City.
Also wanted to list known mechanical problems. Which the main thing is a grind going into 3rd gear when the tranny is cold. Drives ok once warm but eventually it will need to be addressed. The temperature knob doesn't seem to be changing the temperature, and the ac has no refrigerant , everything is intact. There seems to be a bad ground in the radio system somewhere, as you get the electrical whine coming through the radio. Some of the plastic pieces have started to deteriorate, like the rear seatbelt cover, window cranks discolored . Ashtray lid is broken.....
Otherwise the car drives very good, brakes are in real good shape,new tires and the car has no rattles .
Old 04-12-2013, 02:02 AM

In the 5th and 6th picture, what is hanging under the car?
Old 04-12-2013, 08:09 AM

It's part of the inner fender well. My suspicion is that it has had a little fender bender on the passenger front.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:53 PM

Replaced the front lights today. Also found the ground problem, so no more road noise. Cleaned up the inside and out, as well as the engine bay.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:00 PM

I'm putting the sale off for awhile. I've decided to start some restoration on it, get it back in better shape and drive it . If someone is really interested, they can send me a pm, and see how I feel that day, who knows my plans seem to change daily.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:39 PM

Sure its an 88?? The 88's had 2 spots.

GLWS! Good lookin car!

85 GT T-Top Regatta Blue (3V)
Old 04-18-2013, 11:29 PM

I'm not sure about the 2 spots, but I'm pretty dang sure this is an 88. At least all the title stuff checked out.

Thanks for the good luck, but I'm not looking to sale it anymore. I'm gonna be driving it while I do some restoration.

On a side note, I am hopefully going to pick up my son an 84 mustang convertible tomorrow, to complete the hat trick of 84's L's. I have a 84 L 5.0 Saleen clone, my older son has an 84 L 5.0, and we'll have the 84 L drop top.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:37 AM

That is a former WSP Mustang from WA State. The coding on the firewall is consistent with WSP as well as the cutouts on the console and holes in the body/dash. Cool!

LMK if you want any info on WSP cars.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:30 AM

Thanks for that info Rhino. You're the first to reference the firewall coding and that is something I've been very curious about. I was pretty sure that it was a WSP, but you've boosted that level to confident.