Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 12:44 PM

No, actually, that's not what happened-perhaps you should refrain from stating as such unless you know the facts. If you need clarification feel free to ask Jim.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspmustang View Post
No, actually, that's not what happened-perhaps you should refrain from stating as such unless you know the facts. If you need clarification feel free to ask Jim.
No, thanks. Whatever your problem is with Tom is yours, not mine. Same goes for Jim.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 06-03-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerro View Post
What happened to Tom Tate ?
its not worthy of discussion or comment. you can contact him at
ttate2@tampabay.rr.com if you want. In light of recent emails I (and others) have received from him, and comments made in ebay auctions, I do not believe he wants to be a member of org. or net. You would need to contact him directly to find out though.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 06-03-2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:

the only clarification I can offer is the numerous emails forwarded to me by several individuals when things got ugly. I prefer to not get involved because believe me it is pointless and the hobby is better off without the distraction.

lets let this one die fellers........

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP

Last edited by NoDrama43; 06-03-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:47 PM
The White Fred Sanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
Glad to see it wasn't modded. Asking price isn't too out of line, but everyone here knows what he said he originally paid.

It does have a Tremec in it now according to the ad......but what he paid really doesn't matter when you consider this....Go out and find another one like it....you can't. If someone wants an '84 FHP car then what he paid means nothing.

I originally paid $4K for my '69 Spoiler II.....no chance in hell I'd let it go right now for even 5 times that much....same thing applies...find another one.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svopaul View Post
It does have a Tremec in it now according to the ad......but what he paid really doesn't matter when you consider this....Go out and find another one like it....you can't. If someone wants an '84 FHP car then what he paid means nothing.

I originally paid $4K for my '69 Spoiler II.....no chance in hell I'd let it go right now for even 5 times that much....same thing applies...find another one.
Is a '84 FHP is as rare or desirable as a '69 Spoiler II, I don't think so. So the same thing doesn't apply. Another '84 FHP would be a lot easier to find than a '69 Spoiler II. When Tom was selling I wouldn't have mind getting because it was at a decent price. But for $5400, I would find something I like better.
http://public.fotki.com/predator2020/
Old 06-03-2007, 07:21 PM
The White Fred Sanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by predator20 View Post
Is a '84 FHP is as rare or desirable as a '69 Spoiler II, I don't think so. So the same thing doesn't apply. Another '84 FHP would be a lot easier to find than a '69 Spoiler II. When Tom was selling I wouldn't have mind getting because it was at a decent price. But for $5400, I would find something I like better.

Well that's not really the point but it is extremely difficult to find one in that shape regardless. It's not like you can pick up the auto trader or Ebay and find a half dozen of these to choose from. If the guy "Needs" to sell it then he will negotiate...if not then he will stick to what he wants.....in the end it belongs to him and it's his choice on what price he names...there is no law or guideline out there that dictates people have to sell a car for what or close to what they paid for it. Sure it would be nice but in reality it very rarely happens. I'm just shining a realistic light on this.....
Old 06-03-2007, 07:59 PM
Admin

I'll shine some more realistic light....

The guys over at FEP, for the most part, do not care that the car is an SSP. What the guy did is come to a website that does care, proceed to tell everyone what he paid, and then try to flip the car for a quick profit. IIRC, people here offered to buy the car for a reasonable return on the guys' investment, but he declined. I wish him well on his sale, but I don't see it selling very quickly at the price he has it listed at.

What he's doing isn't that much different than the guy who paid $5 for the '85-'86 centercaps. $2k is a big difference in 2 months. Just my humble opinion.

There isn't a huge market for an '84 FHP, either.

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 06-03-2007, 08:01 PM
Admin

Quote:
No, actually, that's not what happened-perhaps you should refrain from stating as such unless you know the facts.
Speaking of facts,

I just read through your updated FHP document. Do you know where I can find some rubber bands for my Jetsonic?

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 06-03-2007, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
No, thanks. Whatever your problem is with Tom is yours, not mine. Same goes for Jim.
Good, then that means you won't feel the need to comment in the future.
Closed Thread