Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
You are the one who actually commented....I just answered someone's question (Where is Tom Tate?).
No, I believe you did, without knowing what the situation was..perhaps it should not have been mentioned at all, or suggested someone could have asked me.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
My apologies, Gregg, and to anyone else who was offended (including Mike).

The rubber band comment, along with several other inaccuracies posted in that FHP document, have bothered me for awhile (actually since it was originally put online last year). The fact that the information wasn't changed is one of the reasons why this website even exists.

No one person is right 100% of the time. I do feel that we have a responsibility to put out the best, most correct information that we can, in an effort to help others who are learning about these cars, or trying to actually restore one. Misinformation, such as this rubber band nonsense, does nothing to help further our cause and only serves to hurt what we've worked so hard to achieve.

Ok...I'm now moving on.
As far as the FHP document, if you felt there were 'inaccuracies' then perhaps a suggestion may have been noted, which I would gladly have adopted. The rubber bands do not replace the chain, they are used around the rotators. I listed the info based on someone who drove the cars while in service and is now in fleet maintenance. Of course with no mention of correction then one can only live with what's there. I too am interested in accuracy which is why I've spent as much time on it as I have. I'm sorry to hear it's of such little value and that my efforts have hurt the hobby as much as they have.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspmustang View Post
As far as the FHP document, if you felt there were 'inaccuracies' then perhaps a suggestion may have been noted, which I would gladly have adopted. The rubber bands do not replace the chain, they are used around the rotators. I listed the info based on someone who drove the cars while in service and is now in fleet maintenance. Of course with no mention of correction then one can only live with what's there. I too am interested in accuracy which is why I've spent as much time on it as I have. I'm sorry to hear it's of such little value and that my efforts have hurt the hobby as much as they have.
Mike,

Apparently you missed the "moving on" portion of this thread.

Go back and read your emails. You'll see one from me dated 08/28/2005, which lists several issues with the document, before the document was posted online. These issues were never corrected (or addressed, save for the relay board in the Jetsonic bar). If you can't find that email, I'll be happy to post it here.

You have a responsibility to verify the veracity of the information published on your website. Blindly taking what one employee tells you, and posting it up for the masses, is nothing more than what I described. It's not true research, nor documentation, and it only hurts all of us in the long run.

BTW...Whelen Dashmasters are still self-contained strobes that do not require a power supply in order to operate. Rubber bands, on any Jetsonic, is pure nonsense. If you had actually seen any of this equipment (as you've claimed) you would already know this. Everyone else who has does know.

This one has run its' course.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Closed Thread