Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Welcome!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome! New Member/Visitor area. Feel free to post up any questions you have about the site or the forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2019, 09:38 PM

Default New From Pennsylvania

First and foremost, I wanted to thank Bill (28HopUp) for all of the help lately. Also wanted to thank everyone for this invaluable resource. I've consulted this site and forum so many times and was finally able to register.

Briefly, I was born and raised around fox body Mustangs. My mom owned a 1993 and a 1996 Cobra which she has since passed down to me. When I was in high school, there was a guy with a FHP SSP that I wanted to buy. Long story short, he didn't have the title or something was off and I've wanted a SSP ever since.

Fast forward to October 2018, I picked this up. It's been a long, rough road with it but it's coming together. To put it simply, the body and interior looked decent. That's about it. It was advertised as a complete, fully functional running car, but that wasn't the case sadly. I've spent much more money than I initially planned.

October:

I had it shipped over 1,600 miles from Texas to Pennsylvania.

Current:

I have threads for it on two other forums but I may end up making a progress thread here.

I know it's not 100% true and correct. The "State Trooper" is too large, the "Highway Patrol" is in the wrong spot, the gold Texas logo isn't reflective, the wheels aren't silver, etc etc. I just want a car that looks good and runs well. Not looking for 100% in-service correctness.

Thanks again guys!