Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:45 AM
The White Fred Sanford

I like the idea but would think you would have to be very careful for a marked car. I'll see if I can't stage some for my GSP but I will call the local Cheif first and let him know what I am up to. I drive it now with the lightbar uncovered locally as it is completely legal and it rarely goes out anyway but out of my town I put the out of service cover on it.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:11 PM

How's this for an "in-service" look?

This shot was taken of me just clearing an intersection code 3 during the parade at Ripon this year.

Yeah, I agree with Mike. Even though I'm guilty of sneaking in a few uncovered shots on the street, we should, except during sanctioned events, keep our marked cars covered up while on or around public roads. As was rightly pointed out, there are great liability issues both personally and potentially for the hobby as a whole if anything should "go sideways" during even a short photo session.
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Old 10-19-2007, 04:51 PM

I think their may be somewhat of a difference between a Marked California car on a
California street with red light on and Moving? This would really be a difficult one to
explain to Officer (non car guy) This makes US ALL look bad...like a empty donut box as
part of a police car show display!...Mike.. Try to get a picture of your car on or near a
Freeway or state highway. without the red light up and on ......remember...these cars were
highway driven! otherwise it's a nice picture!.. I would not want to have a Idaho car in
Idaho
just because of the Ya Hoo factor...Also..... Nothing on my car is connected and the
markings are always covered (when in motion) my off highway 55 picture taking was all of
two minutes as i un masked one side at a time for the pictures...i never turned the car off!!
I hope this Post continues in the spirit of ((staged in service picture post.))
Old 10-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Admin

Andy,

Since I know you, and we've talked about this before, I know how careful you are with your car and that you take this whole issue very seriously.

I think, however, that you should have posted the information above in your original post, so that others, who may not have ever spoken with you and do not know the precautions you take, would not get the wrong idea. Any marked car, on or next to a public highway or roadway, is getting into an area that could be trouble for us all.

It seems we've had alot of "impersonation"-type issues recently, and I've seen a few questionable pics posted, also (not on this site). That's why I responded with the comments that I did, and that's why I still maintain that we need to be careful. If we continue to set a good example, and hold ourselves to a higher standard, then things will continue to improve for us all.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 10-19-2007, 06:23 PM

And if they can see the decals
you have to do some MO masking!

Old 10-21-2007, 10:29 PM
**No Longer a Registered Member**

Hey Andy, have you flown south for the winter yet?
Old 10-21-2007, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmt336 View Post
oh yea, but dont have the car.....

soon my brotha...soon.

paint is going on next week......

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP