Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:27 PM

Default Too stock to mod?

At what point does it become a shame to mod these? It's only stock once. Does my car fall into that category? My car thread http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ead.php?t=4826

What mods are ok?
While I'm not planning on any butchery, good aluminum heads, intake, rear disk brakes, type stuff is currently in my plans, and it will be driven accordingly. It could see some road tracks, auto cross, and strip. While the SSP side of this car is cool to me, I'm not planning on cosmetic changes, it's not my dream car, and I would hate to take something so close to stock, and end up jacking it up.

As much as I love the rigidity of this car, do I need to find the perfect owner for this car who wants nothing more then a restore, and find something else to mod out?
Old 03-04-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eyedfoxdriver View Post
What mods are ok?
That answer is going to vary, depending on who responds. This site is intended to be a resource for those folks who want to restore and preserve their SSP. So many members here prefer that they stay stock. But it is your car to do with as you please. They are only stock once, so if you decide to add bolt-ons or make other changes, I recommend that you hang onto the stock pieces so that the car may be returned back to its original configuration.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:47 PM

mine has cast iron GT40 heads, trickflow cam, injectors and a typhoon intake I want to keep my car looking stock ie not lowering it or adding a aftermarket hoods, body parts, but under the hood something that can keep up with todays cars.
typhoon intake, bbk cold air intake, professional products 70tb and egr
c&L 73mm mass air