Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs The 4-eyed cars.

Old 12-10-2011, 03:11 AM

Default vin numbers are they all ssp cars??

http://www.specialservicemustang.net/VINlist/86VIN.html are these all SSP vin's ???
Old 12-10-2011, 09:54 AM

No, that list was put together to show the known ranges of 5.0L notchbacks with consecutive VIN's. Here is the descriptive paragraph for our VIN Project:

Welcome to the Special Service Mustang.net VIN Project. Below are links to the Consecutive Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) lists separated by year. Normally, Special Service Mustangs were assigned consecutive numbers when the order was processed and scheduled for build by Ford. Therefore, for those trying to identify SSP Mustangs by VIN, this data could be helpful. It is important to remember, though, that finding a VIN in the list does NOT confirm that the car was an SSP. The VINs contained are consecutively numbered, but there may be randomly produced, regular production vehicles that made it into the data (limited to batches of 3). Conversely, there may be SSPs in small orders (one or two cars total) that didn't make it into the data. Additionally, there may be other fleet or special-ordered (non-SSP) groupings in the data. Finally, orders have been seen split into separate "batches", whether by Ford or by the agency ordering at different times. These separate batches would have different DSO orders, and consecutive VINS, but would not be grouped together. The VINs with known supporting documentation are clickable. This is a work-in-progress and will be continually updated. As of now, we are still posting documentation on the pre-87 cars.

So having/finding a car on that entire list does not mean that it is a SSP; only that it could be. And some SSP's may not be included, but we will add their VIN's as they are identified. When SSP's are confirmed, we will update their information as a hotlink for each respective VIN. That will be a nice winter project for us while our SSP's are safely tucked away for the winter.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 12-10-2011, 03:30 PM

Default trying to reserch this vin#>>help????anyone

1FABP26MXGF227056
Old 12-17-2011, 03:35 AM
VIN guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92NM-SSP View Post
1FABP26MXGF227056
What is it that you want to know about that VIN?
Old 12-17-2011, 04:31 AM

Default ssp

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
What is it that you want to know about that VIN?
nothing now I passed on the car,,thanks I have something else I'm getting and you guys will hear about it soon
Old 12-17-2011, 09:39 AM

Don't just leave us hanging, what did that VIN belong to!?
Old 12-18-2011, 06:31 AM

Default 1986 blk coupe,that was on ebay,2 weeks ago

the 1986 mustang that was talked about on the cars for sale page,,the car was a 1986 black notch,,5 spd car that was on ebay,the guy wanted buy it now for 5500,and the biding only went to 3500,,anyway i sent him a pm and he sent me his number and we worked out a price,but I would not buy the car cause he would not send me any of the pics i wanted to see if it was a florida SSP,so I did not make the deal,,it seemed like he was hiding something from me about the car

discused here
http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ead.php?t=3919
Old 12-18-2011, 06:35 AM

anyway I bought a 1988 MO SSP,,I just need to get here to chicago from MO about 7 hours away says mapquest,,maybe I'll just drive it
Old 12-18-2011, 06:45 AM

Default here's what I'm getting

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ed=1#post31720
Old 12-18-2011, 09:52 AM

Congrats on the new Missouri SSP!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!