Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:39 PM
It is what it is.

Default 1989 Washington State Patrol SSP

I am considering selling my '89 WSP SSP. I do not want to sell this car, but changes at work and with family may force me to narrow my collection. I have decided if I sell one it will be the SSP. The only reason I am choosing the SSP is because of all the time, money, and time spent with my father building my 1994 GT. The SSP is a great car and could be a daily driver or a great car to begin a restoration. Below is a list of what I know about the SSP. If you have specific questions please send me a PM.

1989 Washington State Patrol 5 speed SSP inservice from 1/89 to 3/96. Clean Autocheck vehicle history, and including WSP I am the 5th owner. Prior owner had it for 10 years.

Mechanical: This car runs great and in the first month of ownership I put almost 1000 miles on her. Car currently has 153,9xx on her. I have went on two long trips with not one problem. Car does not leak or burn oil. The transmission is solid, no leaks, no grinding, nothing. Does have a new clutch cable based on appearance. Clutch is firm with no slop. Rearend is solid with no noises or leaks. The rest of the car is all original except for a Borla catback exhaust from a previous owner. Car still has air silencer, 1989 plug wires, and from all appearances the car is factory stock. I have not done a compression test yet but I would guess the engine has had a rebuild based on how great she runs and not having any leaks. I believe the water pump has been changed based on aftermarket gaskets. The A/C compressor does not cycle on, but I have a used one that will go with the car. It also has the plugs on it from a R-134 conversion, and has good pressure.

Body: The exterior is in great shape with only a few small dents from the lightbar and one small dent on passenger fender. (Can only see in the right light.) NO RUST, not even on the K-member or door bottoms. I believe the seam on the truck lid may be starting to rust, but rubbing with paint cleaner/wax rubs it off. The exterior paint is mostly original, but I believe some areas have been touched up over the years. Car does have the usual stone chips, scratches, and so forth, most have been touched up and are difficult to see. You can see in the pictures on the passenger side it has the usual paint flaking along the bottom of the door. The bottom of the car is solid and has no crush damage from being jacked up or off-roading.

Interior: The interior is good shape. The carpet is not ripped and probably only needs a good steam cleaning. Headliner is in good shape. The seats are in good shape, no rips or tears, but I believe the driver rear has a very small hole towards the bottom. All the seats have the typical fade to light blue or purple. Car still has all the original panels with the holes from the equipment. The driver side weather strip needs replaced. It is not leaking, just torn along the bottom.

WSP Equipment: The car still has both exterior antennas and the working dual spot light. Has the WSP idle adjuster on the inside of the car to keep the RPM's up when running emergency equipment for long periods of time. Also has the original mounting plate for the wig-wags under the hood.

I am sure I am forgeting a few things so feel free to ask. A few members here saw this car at the Indy show this past May. I am asking $6700 for the car as it sits. I am open to offers but remember I do not have to sell...and would rather not. Currently the car will only be listed on the two SSP sites as I would like to keep her in the "Family". If I choose to advertise elsewhere I will post it. I do have a few other items I collected for the restoration the buyer can purchase if intrested. (Wheels and interior pieces mostly.)

Below is one pic of the car when I first brought her home. I will take some more tomorrow and create a link for so you can view more.
[IMG][/IMG]

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 07-28-2009, 07:59 AM

Nice car. Good luck with the sale!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 07-28-2009, 02:32 PM
It is what it is.

Here is a link with several photos I took today. I also took it for a short drive and words can not explain how nice this car drives. I can guarantee a buyer would not be disapointed with how this car rides and drives.

http://s461.photobucket.com/albums/q...9%20WSP%20SSP/

[IMG][/IMG]

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 07-28-2009, 06:52 PM

check your pms

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 08-04-2009, 11:51 PM
It is what it is.

Well I went ahead an put it on ebay tonight. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=180393364385

For a member of the site I will still sell for the $6700 price I listed. The BIN on ebay is more what I have in it with taxes and other expenses.

Thanks for looking.

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 08-05-2009, 08:37 AM

Good luck with the sale.

I am about 40 minutes from this car if anyone wants me to do an inspection. If it helps the sale I can also store this car for someone if they cannot ship it right away. No rent fee, but if you forget it is there it becomes mine after 24 months !!!

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 08-05-2009, 10:01 AM
It is what it is.

Thanks Jim for the support. A few other members have seen this car as well and if they see this post feel free to post your opinions on the car.

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 08-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Mustangoholic

I live very close to this car and have seen it up close and personal; you would not be dissappointed with this car.
Very solid car ! ! ! !
Old 08-06-2009, 08:59 PM
It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspanthony View Post
I live very close to this car and have seen it up close and personal; you would not be dissappointed with this car.
Very solid car ! ! ! !
Thank you for the compliment.

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD
1988 FHP SOLD
1991 FHP SOLD
1993 TX DPS
Old 08-08-2009, 06:16 PM
It is what it is.

Auction is half way over so TTT...

1990 NMSP Unit 130 SOLD
1989 WSP SOLD