Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Old 05-28-2014, 03:07 PM

Default Daily Chat Thread

I have looked into the option of adding a vBulletin ChatBox to the site that is similar to one used at another Mustang site where I am an Administrator. The problem is that the ChatBox can become a porthole for unscrupulous hackers to attack the site. So in the absence of having a ChatBox, I thought that I would give this idea a try. It is just an open-ended thread to chat about anything on your mind. If you are at work, a post whore, or just bored then this is the thread to talk about anything under the sun. It can be SSP-related or not, but keep it clean and avoid all talk about politics and religion.

I'll start off -

I heard that my 85 SSP spent an extra day on the frame rack to get the front end back in spec (it was pushed over/back almost 3 inches!). I was told that I should have the front unibody sheet metal welded on the seams on the tire-side (out of view) to help strengthen the area since it was tweaked so hard. The floorboard cracks will get welded and ground smooth at the same time. Is there anything else I should consider having done while the car is apart to make it more rigid without being detrimental to its overall value?
Old 05-28-2014, 05:52 PM
Bobby Edwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
I was told that I should have the front unibody sheet metal welded on the seams on the tire-side (out of view) to help strengthen the area since it was tweaked so hard. The floorboard cracks will get welded and ground smooth at the same time. Is there anything else I should consider having done while the car is apart to make it more rigid without being detrimental to its overall value?
In my honest opinion I believe this is your best bet, outside of using a strut tower brace. Which if it is necessary I would, but would prefer not to have too.
Just my two cents...

1983 GSP#3083 Capt. C. Stallings #99 Post 41

1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27; ACE wrecked in service with 24k miles; most documented & lowest mileage GSP

1990 GSP#0196 Trpr P. Kirkpatrick #756 Post 29

1992 GSP#2221 Trpr M. Prince #895 Post 9; “1 of 6” LoJack GSP Mustangs
Old 05-29-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
I have looked into the option of adding a vBulletin ChatBox to the site that is similar to one used at another Mustang site where I am an Administrator. The problem is that the ChatBox can become a porthole for unscrupulous hackers to attack the site. So in the absence of having a ChatBox, I thought that I would give this idea a try. It is just an open-ended thread to chat about anything on your mind. If you are at work, a post whore, or just bored then this is the thread to talk about anything under the sun. It can be SSP-related or not, but keep it clean and avoid all talk about politics and religion.
I just got to work and saw this thread. I may end up spending too much time on here. Anyway, I know it's not a SSP, but finally made a deal on the '88 NYPD Mustang. It's being picked up today and should be delivered to us this Saturday. I thought it was too cool of a car for us to pass up.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:38 AM

Jonathon, that is a nice find for your collection. I do not remember the condition of that car, but I am sure it will end up in fine shape once it's in your custody. Please be sure to post up photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapracing View Post
In my honest opinion I believe this is your best bet, outside of using a strut tower brace. Which if it is necessary I would, but would prefer not to have too.
Just my two cents...
Thanks Bobby! I appreciate your input. On an unrelated note, I will go over your email about the 83 GSP later today and get back to you.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 05-29-2014, 10:11 AM
Bobby Edwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt1609 View Post
I just got to work and saw this thread. I may end up spending too much time on here. Anyway, I know it's not a SSP, but finally made a deal on the '88 NYPD Mustang. It's being picked up today and should be delivered to us this Saturday. I thought it was too cool of a car for us to pass up.
I assume you mean the GT? If so HUGE CONGRATE's !!!! I really like those two cars! Please post up pics once you get it...

Quote:
Thanks Bobby! I appreciate your input. On an unrelated note, I will go over your email about the 83 GSP later today and get back to you.
Good deal... I sent another version this morning LOL

1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27; ACE wrecked in service with 24k miles; most documented & lowest mileage GSP

Old 05-29-2014, 10:31 AM

Bobby, the revised copy is headed your way...
Old 05-29-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapracing View Post
I assume you mean the GT? If so HUGE CONGRATE's !!!! I really like those two cars! Please post up pics once you get it...
Yep. That's it Bobby. Underneath is not near as bad as I was expecting, given it's always been in NY. Should be picked up today and delivered Saturday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NYPD1.jpg (42.4 KB, 245 views)
Old 05-29-2014, 02:48 PM

That car is going to look GREAT all done up...

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 05-29-2014, 02:55 PM
Bobby Edwards

Quote:
Yep. That's it Bobby. Underneath is not near as bad as I was expecting, given it's always been in NY. Should be picked up today and delivered Saturday.
AWESOME !!!

I've always loved those two cars. I wanted to buy it at one time but that seller was really flaky plus the expense of transporting it

I'm glad it has found a deserving home Jonathon !

Any word on the where bouts of the other car? I remember seeing a pic of it years ago. It was really ruff looking and partially disassembled if my memory serves me correctly...

Old 05-29-2014, 05:35 PM
Bobby Edwards

Quote:
Jonathon,
I see the passenger side GT tail light is broken. I may have one, If you need it I'll donate it for this project . I'll check once I get home.