Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs/Parts Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustangs/Parts Wanted Cars and Parts wanted here.

Old 07-10-2017, 06:56 PM
Retired L.E.O.

Default Searching for my old 1987 FHP SSP

I am attempting to locate any information on the whereabouts of my old 87 FHP Mustang.

The VIN is 1FABP40E2HF210850

Last Carfax record shows it still in St. Louis, Missouri around Jan 2002. Then the paper trail ends. So it may be out of state by now or it is just sitting in a garage waiting to be restored by it's present owner.

Just wondering if a member of this Forum may presently or has owned it.

Please let me know if anyone has any info,
Thanks in advance,
Jerry
Old 07-11-2017, 11:59 AM

Good luck on your search. You may want to join http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/index.php and ask there. It is a popular racing forum. Given that your old car has been off the road for 15 years now, it could be sitting in someone's garage with plans of making it a race car. It's worth a shot.

As we discussed, try posting on Craigslist in and around St. Louis. GOOD LUCK!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 07-11-2017, 03:47 PM
Retired L.E.O.

Thanks Bill, for the additional sites.
Did Craigslist (back East) late yesterday. I'll see if anyone spots the ad.
Yellowbullet, that's a very packed forum. Still learning to navigate around that one. I'll try an ad once I do.
Thanks again,
Jerry
Old 07-11-2017, 03:52 PM

Watch yourself at YB. It's a tough crowd and a few threads are NSFW.

Another high traffic forum is https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/ which is not exactly centered around cars but there are thousands of members there (check out the stats at the bottom of that page). But take fair warning: It is a great forum with lots of ideas on ways for you to spend your money.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 07-27-2017, 07:36 AM

I noticed you are a retired L.E.O. so I have to ask; was this a vehicle you drove in service or owned after it was auctioned.

I found this page while doing a quick web search for the VIN you are looking for. The pictures in this link are awesome. I have a soft spot for FHP cars. http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info210850.htm

Good luck in your search.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:18 AM
Retired L.E.O.

Well, No, I didn't "officially"operate the SSP for the agency I worked for.
I'll try to explain.
I bought the car at the Florida State auction to restore into a daily driver ( to save my 1986 GT convertible) but I did use it for work.

I lived outside of the County that I worked for (about four miles) which meant I could not be assigned a "take home car". So the trunk was filled with all my SWAT stuff.

Being assigned to Tactical Operations, we members wore many different hats during our duty day (and even off duty). My main responsibility was to pilot the department helicopter. However when a SWAT situation raised it's ugly head I had to respond just like the other SWAT Guys with all my equipment. The trunk of that Mustang was completely filled with weapons, five changes of uniform, gas mask, body armor (sp?) and stuff.

So, if the Call-out occurred in the middle of the night, which they mostly did, I would respond from my home in the Mustang. If it occurred during duty hours, at first I would transfer the equipment from the Mustang to my assigned "marked unit". However after being late to a couple call outs (because of transferring equipment from one trunk to another) my immediate supervisors said something like, "well... maybe you should just drive the Mustang". That's all I needed to hear. I usually arrived before the marked units (even with their Corvette engines) after that.

It's funny, the News crews would always show up to our call outs and film some B roll of all our cars parked, clumped together, including that Mustang. Seems the camera guys were intrigued with a black Mustang parked in a huddle of white Caprices because it received a lot of air time on the nightly news. Nothing was ever mentioned to me from the upper Command Staff.

That SSP was a great, solid, fast car. That's why I would like to buy it back.
Plus I miss the shifting, everything I drive now has automatics.

So, I apologize for the long response to your short question.
But, Thanks for asking, Jerry

BTW: you can thank 29HopUp for posting the photos.

Last edited by JerryPHX; 07-28-2017 at 02:23 AM. Reason: mis-spelled, should have been: maybe instead of many
Old 07-31-2017, 03:11 PM

You may need to have someone attend the last known address and speak to residents and get infor from them? Maybe same people who can reveal fate of car or maybe shine light on where previous home owner moved to??? Old fashioned foot work
Old 07-31-2017, 10:52 PM
Retired L.E.O.

I agree with you wheelerg, in fact that's how I started this search. I don't have the name of the gentleman I sold it to or the gentleman he sold it to. A check of carfax proved negative. So, I checked with the State of Missouri for the current owner which proved negative. Seems the State of Missouri is taking the "Privacy Act" to the extreme.
(I can thank company's like Car Fax for that).

So, that is why I posted my search on this forum thinking/hoping that maybe a member here presently owns the car.

I have also placed an ad on the St.Louis Craig's List with only one reply resulting.

I'm thinking what to do next,
Thanks!