Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Show Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Show Info A place to share information on upcoming shows or other events.

Old 07-23-2011, 03:48 PM

Old 07-23-2011, 08:06 PM

Looking at the pictures, I wished I could have attended. I don't know alot about taking apart cars but this would have been one great expirience in learning some of it as well as meeting new friends and seeing old friends. Sounds like everyone is having a great time helping and that is what it is all about. It makes for bonding of SSP groups.
Maybe you can put names to the pictures of the guys there helping. I just wish I knew one quarter of what many of the guys know about restoring it back to in service condition. Good luck with the restoration.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:49 AM

George it was a great time. We got to sleep in a little today and then finished up by mounting Mike's engine on an engine stand, cleaning/straightening the barn, piling the trash and junk parts in the truck to haul away and some other odds and ends. We ordered some "Old Boston pizza and watched a hilarious movie, slightly interupted at times by Greg H snoring lol. Spent the last of our evening sitting by the pool with stogies, beverages and had a great conversation about all things SSP related.

Good friends !
Great weather !
Way to much good food !
Big start on a super car !

Thanks to Mike, Bill, Bernie, and Gregg for making the long trip to hang out.

Thank you Gregg for the parts delivery service !

got to get up in 4 hours to make it to the airport.

Nodrama signing off. twenty 10 10..... lol

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 07-24-2011, 09:39 AM

Jim, THANK YOU again for the hospitality. I had a blast!

Driving home, I took a slight detour to Medina, Ohio to pick up some 3.8L engine parts for Jack's car. So I ended up driving 620 miles yesterday, but the new Focus seemed like it was sipping gas through a syringe. I haven't checked my total trip MPG's, but going over the PA Turnpike into Ohio with temps in the 90's, I went 450 miles on my first tank, but only filled up with just over 12 gallons of gas! (I'll let y'all do the math). I am quite impressed with our new little 5-door hatchback.

I did have one scare yesterday where I was literally run off the interstate by another car. While coming up to an exit in the right lane, the car in the left lane next to me decided at the last second that he needed to get off. I managed to avoid him and miss the exit divider as I swerved onto the exit at 65mph. The other driver could not exit in time, so he continued in the direction I was planning to go. I had to continue on my new path to the next exit so I could double back to get onto the correct interstate. I think I was able to avoid getting into serious trouble because Mike (a certified EVOC instructor) had given us a demonstration on his driving skills (all under controlled circumstance, I assure you!).

George, I gained so much insight by helping to blow apart Mike's FHP. I just hope Mike can read my hand writing on the ziplok parts baggies that I labeled. I got a little creative in some of the taped-on descriptions. I hope Jim takes a picture of that box of 'bagged & tagged' parts.

This type of event is something that needs to be repeated and enjoyed by all who can attend. It's not limited to a select group or in-crowd either - all SSP gearheads and wannabe grease monkeys will be welcomed. It was a good ol' time for sure!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 07-24-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper View Post
Maybe you can put names to the pictures of the guys there helping.
Mike aka ImEvil1, Bernie aka FHP813, and Bill aka 28HopUp (L to R) -

Jim aka NoDrama43 -

Gregg H aka Unmrkd -

EDIT: Wow! Looking at that first picture I see two things: 1) we were soaked with sweat from the heat; and 2) I look tiny next to Bernie. To give you perspective, I'm 6'1" and weigh 210 lbs! Maybe my chair was lower than theirs?
Old 07-24-2011, 12:13 PM

Gregg left out at 0705. He was five minutes late because I forgot to set the timer on the coffee. Mike, Bernie, and I went to breakfast then I dropped them off at the airport for their respective flights home. Now I am back at the house trying to get things squared away before my wife gets home from Michigan... lol.

I will post up a pic of the 85 FHP after while. My camera is still in the barn....

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 07-24-2011, 02:22 PM
Admin

I'm on the ground in Houston, but turning right back around and headed for DC. I'll post up some pics in the resto thread when I get a chance.

I'd like to publicly thank Bill, Bernie, Jim, and Gregg for their help these past few days. We did, as a team, what would have taken me 5X longer to do by myself. I thoroughly enjoyed learning some new tips and tricks from the guys, as well as passing on a few of mine to them. It was a bust-ass effort, and the dinners and chats afterwards were just as fun as the wrenching. It's these kind of get-togethers that make it all worthwhile. It was truly a BLAST.

Bill...glad you didn't get hurt (I don't have any NOS ones).

TTT.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 07-24-2011, 04:09 PM

Got home a little while ago. The flight was good and uneventful. First off, I have never sweated and laughed as much in my life! I truly enjoyed my 4 days of "therapy" and would do it again in a heartbeat. Jim, thanks again for the hospitality, you are a true gentleman. Bill, it was great meeting you, it's always good to put the faces to the names. Gregg, It was great seeing you again. Last but not least Mike, it was allot of fun uncovering the few surprises that came out when we started dismantling your car, some of the looks you had on your face were priceless. Your car is going to come out great and half the fun is (for the most part) you did it yourself. I learned a few tricks myself and was happy to help in any way I could. Your taste in movies is impeccable and you cook a mean steak!
I have made some good friends in this hobby and hope to be able to make some more in the future. Well that's all for now I need a nap.

1993 FHP 813
1986 UHP SSP slicktop- Getting there little by little.
1993 Floyd Co Ga\Rome Ga pd SSP SOLD

E
ven grief recedes with time, but we must Never Forget. 9-11-01

Mustang Club of America member.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
EDIT: Wow! Looking at that first picture I see two things: 1) we were soaked with sweat from the heat; and 2) I look tiny next to Bernie. To give you perspective, I'm 6'1" and weigh 210 lbs! Maybe my chair was lower than theirs?
Bill,
Thanks for the names in the pictures. I am glad everyone had a great time and are home safe. Looks like I could have meet some new good friends and seen Gregg again. Looking forward to pictures of the restoration.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:49 PM

Damn !! that looks like you guys had a blast !
Pics when you guys get rested plz..

1992 PO.Oregon Police, Bimini Blue, Unit #85655,
Plate #SMY174 Unmarked, Served Central,North,
East Precinct until Aug 2000.
1988 Colorado State Patrol,Unit #246,DSO 76, Glenwood Springs CO.