Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:44 PM

Default 1989 Thurston County SSP - Grand Mound, WA

This 89 popped up nearby on Craigslist. I contacted the seller and after a few exchanges and photo requests, I have confirmed it is a Thurston County Sheriff SSP (Unit #395). Have never seen one before. Car was optioned exactly the same as our 88 Pierce County cars - including cabernet exterior, AOD and red interior. Car is currently silver with a paint job that could use some work.

I don't know the seller, just trying to help him spread the word out there. Car has some mods to it and a recently rebuilt tranny and engine. Seller wants $3500/Offer. Sounded like he would budge on price for someone who wants to restore it.

Seller's ad description:
For sale: 1989 police interceptor notch back 5.0 mustang. Car is in good shape and runs great. Paint has chips and is faded, but looks good overall. Engine mods include: GT40 heads, GT40 upper and lower intake, B303 cam, 1 5/8 shorty headers, catless flowmaster exhaust, 190 lph fuel pump, Sniper Nitrous system with WOT trigger, purge valve, adjustable from 25-150hp. The transmission is an AOD that was rebuilt 35,000 miles ago, the rear axle has a 3.55 gear ratio. This is a very fun car with an awesome sound. Included with the car are two 275x55x14 G-Force Drag Radials with 75% tread left. I had the car on the dyno and it made 245hp/326trq to the rear wheels. The 300hp at the crank is an estimate for 20% drive train loss. Now for the bad: car needs a new heater core, due for the brakes to be done. The car has 206,000 miles, but has been well maintained, the engine was built 5,000 miles ago, tranny 35,000 miles ago. I've had this car for 11 yrs and am sad to see it go, but I'm ready to move on. asking 3,500.00

Steve Smith
360-508-1243
stevesmith_22@hotmail.com

Seller states that he purchased the car at age 16 and has had it the last
11 years. Could be a fun project for someone. I have too many Cabernet Red cars with AODs as it is.

Link to pics he sent me:
http://s1090.photobucket.com/albums/...urston-County/

Old 08-16-2011, 09:44 PM

Old 08-17-2011, 07:43 AM

Thanks for posting that one up, Ryan. Love the color combo - I wonder what it looked like while in-service...

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 08-17-2011, 11:55 AM

Thurston county uses a very similar 7 point star design badge as Pierce county. So, I imagine, it likely looked very close to what our PCSD cars look like...but it's just a guess without a photo.

PCSD: