Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Restoration-related Equipment Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Restoration-related Equipment Tech Any questions or information about any period-correct resto equipment (ie. switchboxes, lights, radios).

Old 07-23-2019, 02:14 PM

Default Shotgun Rack for 1982 CHP SSP

0327's restoration is on the home stretch now. In a few weeks the interior will be done, then it will be time to install the CC1, MPA-2, scanner, and SG rack. I'm still trying to get a correct SG rack. This is (another) one of those occasions where I wish somehow I had paid more attention to these kinds of details back in the day, but now 37 years later they are important.
Posts online pointed to Santa Cruz gunlocks LLC as a source. I have been corresponding with their sales manager, Johnny, and he has been very responsive and helpful. They still make electric-only gun locks, and have a complete "universal" SG rack kit called SC-920-1. I've attached the first page of their info sheet.
What do you guys think? Does this one make any sense for an 82? I know the microphone mounting and Roxster stuff would need to be added.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Santa Cruz SC-920-1.jpg (42.4 KB, 27 views)
Old 07-23-2019, 08:31 PM

Steve...these were all fabbed up in house by motor transport. There are several restored cars with right configuration. Someone should come along with information .

The 82 on ebay has a SG mount in it. You might take a look at the pictures or contact the seller.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 07-24-2019, 05:04 PM

Thanks for the info, Jim. I located one that looks correct; it doesn't have the notepad holder, microphone bracket, lock, or Roxster but I can add those pretty easily.