Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Members' SSPs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2017, 01:01 PM

Default 1992 Charleston County SSP

Here's the car:
VIN Project - 1992 Charleston County SSP

Thought I'd post a thread about what I'm doing with this car. Bought it back in 2002 from a guy in East Tennessee. It was already painted this "Viper Blue" and had a Cobra Intake, 3.55 gears, and chrome pony wheels. Torque boxes were shot, so that was first order of business...reinforced them inside and out, with 1/4" plates welded underneath.

Added 24# injectors, MAF, and a set of Holley aluminum heads. Backed it up with an Xpipe and Dynomax cat-back. Stuck a small cam off in it too so it sounds nice. Traded my chrome pony wheels for a 5 lug kit and Weld Prostars as shown. Drove it like this literally for about 10 years without issue.

The poor car must have at least 300k miles on it, and was burning about a quart every 2 weeks. When the water pump gasket started leaking, I decided to go ahead and just do a fresh engine in it. Got some DSS flat tops, a NOS Ford crank (stumbled upon this), and a set of SCAT bushed rods with ARP bolts. Should be a healthy little powerplant:

'79 5.0 LX (Aug '78 build)
'86 5.0 LX
'89 5.0 GT
'92 SSP Charleston County, SC