Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:17 PM

Default 1988 PCSD Roller - Denver, CO

All,

I have tracked down one of the original Pierce County WA SSPs from 1988 in Denver, CO. Car has been parted out - and the roller is what is left. Seller's son had the car and decided to build an LX hatch instead - thus started to part the SSP.

PCSD had around 20 SSP cars in 1988. 1 was an unmarked blue one (Robert K has this). 3-4 were white K9 cars (All are thought to be gone now) and around 14-15 were cabernet red marked traffic units. We have found or have restored VIN #s: 155, 156, 163, 164 and 171.

When we ran carfax reports we found that only 2 remain on the road (to our knowledge). One in Denver (VIN 161) and another.

Robert and I have been chasing this one in CO for some time. And had hoped that we would have found it as a complete car.

The car is still saveable - and if it weren't in CO, and a little closer (where transporting it would not be expensive or a pain) we'd bring it home to restore and be with her sister cars.

Hence my passing this on to the greater group. Seller has been upright to deal with - and he would prefer to see the car saved by an SSP person. He can store the car for a short time if needed.

Seller's info - He's a phone guy more than mail - so phone is best:
Brett Marine
303-880-4774
firersq18@msn.com

Car is verified as a PCSD - and has the buck tags - and I have the carfax we ran on it a while ago - was in WA state up til 2007.

It needs some loving. Engine and tranny are gone, but the seller may have them available if a comparable replacement can be had (or buy it outright). Seller has the passenger door and back glass and can put it back on the car. Driver's door is gone (was gone before he got the car). Front fenders and hood are gone. Passenger inner fender well has had some damage, but looks easily fixable.

Seller has the SSP speedo, but wants a comparable 140 speedo to replace or buy outright. Seller also wants to keep the rear end (same story as above - find a replacement or pay extra).

Seller wants $400 for the car (might be $500 with the door and back glass back in). Price is negotiable from what I could tell. Says he has a guy who is going to likely purchase it tonight or tomorrow to strip it, cut it up and make a drag car out of it.

Anyone want to help save a piece of PCSD history? C'mon....you know you love those maroon cars!!

Pics from the seller are posted up on my fotki page:
http://public.fotki.com/djslickmix/pcsd-161/

Old 05-04-2010, 05:13 PM

Ryan - That's great how you guys have been able to find this one. Thanks for posting and hopefully someone here will jump on it as a project opportunity.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 05-04-2010, 05:17 PM

I'll contribute 10% of the purchase price ($40) to keep the car from being raced-out. Who else will contribute? Times a wastin' boys!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 05-04-2010, 06:27 PM

Wow Bill - that's really noble of you! The thing that kills me is that we have a donor car here in WA we can snag for the driveline (87 WSP car) and it could be brought back with time and $$

It's the distance and mileage from CO to WA and the cost to bring it back up here (being it's not a drivable car - transport is harder and more expensive). Shipping is about $800 minimum.

Not to mention that Robert K. and I are plain out of space right now. We saved 3 of them in the last year, but are getting pinched to try and save this one too.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:53 PM

I love it that you guys have most of the remaining cars together. You better grab this one before she's gone. Wish I could do more but I can donate $10. How about getting the PCSD guys involved?
Old 05-04-2010, 11:33 PM

Robert K. and I along with one other local owner constitute all of the PCSD cars in private hands within the SSP group/owners club. Other than this roller in CO - there is one more within the state we're seeking.

There is one left in-service with PCSD, but they don't really care about the car and have it moth-balled out in a horse barn at one of the many parks here in the County. It just sits there collecting dust along with a 74 Fury. All still marked up and ready to roll with full equipment.

We have offered to give our time and our own $$ to care for and maintain the last one still left in-service. No acceptance on that - although Robert K. did get to detail it last year before one of the shows. The "caretaker" within the PCSD department has a full plate and doesn't really have an interest in the car beyond the annual trip to get it out to the fair grounds as a promotional tool.

Wish we had more support from the PCSD staff/department, but maybe they just don't see the historical value yet for shows, etc. Which is fine. Time may change that as the Mustangs get older and regain a "cool/classic" factor with the general public.

We've collected and show them to keep the service history/memory going. Was cool - had a Seattle PD officer at a recent show comment: "I knew WSP and King County ran Mustangs but have never seen a Pierce County (Tacoma) Mustang. Didn't know they existed." Kind of cool.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Mustangoholic

I will also contribute to a "good" cause; I will offer up $50 for the purchase....

MCA Member
Old 05-05-2010, 10:25 AM

I find it interesting that the BUC tags are affixed to the top of the radiator support, rather than being in the normal location down below the driver's side headlight like all other SSP's/Mustangs.

Was this a special request by PCSD for the cars they ordered? The BUC tags don't appear that they have been previously moved to that location or tampered with, because neither tag has any prior holes or attachment points visible and both tags are pretty much "flat" without any distortion. I only see a very small indent on the upper right corner of each, which could have been the original mounting point if in the original location on the rad support, but it's hard to really say if that is true or not.

What's the story w/ the location of the BUC tags?
Old 05-05-2010, 11:12 AM

Not sure exactly. My tags were hanging in the typical location with some wire holding it on (which has now been removed as I didn't want the wire to come loose and risk losing them.

Robert has his mounted up top along where the fender meets with the hood/front bumper assembly. And the tags on the car we found are up top and flat. No one knows for sure. Might have been a fleet garage thing - could have been individual owners - we may never know.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:49 AM

I'd be willing to donate 10% too... $40.00...