Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Agency-Specific Restoration
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Agency-Specific Restoration Have an Agency-Specific question? This is the place.

Old 10-23-2023, 01:35 PM

Default CHP rear deck light housing color

I’m restoring a set of CHP rear deck light housings (Grote 6401). Does anyone know the paint code or color information? I took an unrestored housing to our local paint shop to try to get it matched but they changed ownership and can’t help with things like that anymore. They gave me 200 paint chips to look at and none matched. I’m trying to get the information from Grote but the part is now obsolete and not having much luck. It’s an odd color, slight metallic greenish silver gray. Thanks!
1985 CHP #408346
Old 10-23-2023, 07:46 PM

I'm not sure, but if you must match to a paint chip, see if the inside of the housing is painted the same color. It would be less likely to be affected by the sun there.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 10-23-2023, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
I'm not sure, but if you must match to a paint chip, see if the inside of the housing is painted the same color. It would be less likely to be affected by the sun there.
Thanks, but that’s exactly what I brought to the paint shop. I have one that’s perfect on the inside. They told me because it wasn’t flat they couldn’t use their camera to scan the color… I have to find another shop. They used to have experienced painters work there that could do it but the new owners can only go by a paint code…. If I get it I’ll post it here for future reference!
1985 CHP #408346