Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:46 AM

Thumbs up Colorado State Patrol, you ROCK!!

I took a stab at it and asked Major Bratt with the Colorado State Patrol if there was any way he could help get me in touch with whom I confirmed with several sources was the driver of my '92 Colorado State Patrol Camaro. He replied that he would see what he could do. This trooper is now retired, so I've had difficulty tracking him down.

I got an email reply moments later that he had talked to him and he was expecting my call, then gave me his home phone number. Score!! It was late tonight before I got a chance to sit down and make the all-important call (luckily, Colorado is one hour behind Tennessee).

I introduced myself and asked for confirmation - did he in fact drive Car 360, a 1992 Camaro? I could hear the smile through the phone. He did. I was no longer a 41 yr old, I was suddenly a kid again. LOL Oh my God. At last, I was talking with the trooper that had my car from the beginning. And the stories started to flow. He remembered many things like they were yesterday.

Mr. Escobar turned out to be a super guy, just like all of my interaction with the Colorado State Patrol since I started the research on my car. After my conversation with him, I immediately sent Major Bratt a sincere thank you email saying the same thing. Here I am, a private citizen, no longer in law enforcement, and I live out of state. I told him I have been overwhelmed by the cooperation and support they have given me. Some of you have similar stories and I'm now running on the same "high" you guys have experienced.

This is an SSP site so I won't go into all the details I've filled in about my Camaro. This post is a heart felt thank you for all of the support and professionalism I have experienced first hand and received from the Colorado State Patrol. You Rock!! I can't express my appreciation enough.

It all goes back to someone you all know and someone else a few of you know. As an original member of MSSR, I knew of Ray Miller. He introduced me to Ron Madsen, a retired CSP Trooper that has helped me thus far with my Camaro and sold me his '82 CHP Mustang which brought me here. So thank you Ray, thank you Ron and thank you Colorado State Patrol.

Trooper Escobar and I have started a dialogue which I hope will continue for a long time. He's going to start going through his stash to see what he's got and I'll be trading him photos of the car since I've owned it for in-service photos and the all-important interior photos that he does have.

Hector, I know what you mean about being so wired you can't get to sleep. This is amazing and has been a long time coming.

Thanks all for letting me release some of my excitement. I'll go for now so I can start getting some photos together.

Oh, almost forgot to mention...I got my officially sanctioned CSP magnetic markings in the mail last week. I haven't had the chance to get the car out from under wraps to trial fit them and get photos. Those of you that want to learn more, look for an update on the "other site."

Greg
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS B4C, Unit # 360 (Colorado State Patrol) **SOLD BACK TO CSP**
1996 Bronco XL 5.8L (California Highway Patrol)
Old 02-16-2011, 08:40 AM

Congratulations on the great opportunity and thanks for posting. I know exactly what it feels like and have to agree it is something else. Also glad to hear how supportive Colorado has been for you and others.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 02-16-2011, 10:02 AM

Greg, great job, you are very lucky. I have heard some not so good experiences with people looking for help from CO SP when trying to restore one of their old cars. Like with most agencies, I guess its who you actually end up communicating with.

I had an original 76 Plymouth Gran Fury that served with the Virginia State Police. The car actually still had the Trooper's name and Unit number on a Dyno-label on the glove box door when I got the car in 2008. I did try to track him down but unfortunately, he had passed. Other retired VA Troopers who I did talk with were very helpful though.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:20 AM

CONGRATS BUDDY!!!!!

The nice comments about CSP could go on for a few hours!
Here is the Camaro Greg owns.

1992 PO.Oregon Police, Bimini Blue, Unit #85655,
Plate #SMY174 Unmarked, Served Central,North,
East Precinct until Aug 2000.
1988 Colorado State Patrol,Unit #246,DSO 76, Glenwood Springs CO.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:29 AM

While on the subject of CSP...
I would also like to give many thanks to CSP for their help.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Admin

Congrats, Greg. Great story and glad you were able to make contact. They have always been helpful with me as well....putting me in touch with the Trooper that drove my '83.

I need to touch base with Major Bratt about decals. Are yours the older the older version?

Hector, I'm not sure what ones you have on your car in the pic above, but they definitely aren't correct.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 02-16-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imevil1
Hector, I'm not sure what ones you have on your car in the pic above, but they definitely aren't correct.
Correct... I kept 2 original sets boxed up after the CSP event in sept.
These are the updated version on some of the current CSP veh's, we liked the fact that they are MUCH bigger and show very well in black against the white.
The first car show with these decals turned out a first place plaque for her..

Old 02-16-2011, 11:11 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssp91ssp View Post
Correct... I kept 2 original sets boxed up after the CSP event in sept.
These are the updated version on some of the current CSP veh's, we liked the fact that they are MUCH bigger and show very well in black against the white.
The first car show with these decals turned out a first place plaque for her..
To each their own, but there's really no difference between doing that and running modern LEDs on the car. They show really well, too, but also aren't correct.

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 02-16-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
To each their own, but there's really no difference between doing that and running modern LEDs on the car. They show really well, too, but also aren't correct.
Since this thread went from a big thanks to CSP to I have the wrong decals on my ssp!!!
Evil, Please delete all my replies to this thread ! Thank You!

Sorry ..Greg .

Old 02-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssp91ssp View Post
Since this thread went from a big thanks to CSP to I have the wrong decals on my ssp!!!
Evil, Please delete all my replies to this thread ! Thank You!

Sorry ..Greg .
Not worth the time to go back.

Greg is researching his car, and looking for interior photos, so he can put the "correct" equipment back in it.

It's kinda what we do here (even if it IS with a Camaro, Greg).

Mike

'83 Texas DPS