Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:18 PM

Default 1985 CHP #E408395 $6,500

SOLD!

After much thought, I have decided to put my black 1985 CHP Mustang #E408395 up for sale. There was one member who had dibs on the car, but he is not in a position to buy it now. So here it goes...

I will list everything I can to be as descriptive as possible. Pictures can be found on my Fotki feed:

http://public.fotki.com/28HopUp/1985-chp-e408395/

BODY:
  • Here is the rebuild thread from our Members' SSPs Section. The car was repainted in 2009 with base clear for a 2008 Mustang (picked in case I needed to match the paint later).
  • Both doors had rust at the bottom, and they were sanded and POR15 applied. One of the doors is starting to rust again, but it has not gone through to the doorskin.
  • There is a haze in the clearcoat behind the passenger door on the 1/4 panel, and the rooftop and decklid paint "appear" thin in spots with what appears to be a slight discoloration. The car was not chemically stripped, so that isn't a cause here for the issue.
  • The headlight buckets and window surrounds were painted gloss black.
  • The beltline molding is satin black, not the original charcoal.
  • The siren hole was never cut into the bumper that came with the car.
  • There are paint chips here & there.
  • The underside was never restored, but it is solid underneath with no cracks or rust (other than surface rust on the subframe connectors).
  • The battery tray area was patched and the engine compartment painted with satin black.

ENGINE/DRIVETRAIN:
  • A rebuilt 87 roller motor was installed last year, and has less than 1,000 miles on it. It's a freshly rebuilt 5.0L with .030-over pistons, ported E7 heads, and a Comp Cams 266HR bumpstick. It was rebuilt to be a mild upgrade over a stock fuel injected motor. It also has 1.7 Ford Motorsport roller rockers.
  • I BELIEVE we went with a RAM clutch and resurfaced the flywheel.
  • The transmission is an unknown factor, but it shifts smoothly and has not been a concern.
  • The 8.8" rear-end has 3.27:1 gears and t-lok, along with 4-lug disk brakes (93 Cobra era).
  • Front brakes are 87-up 11" Ford parts, requiring the use of the 10-hole wheels.
  • Dual exhaust with h-pipe, and 2 catalytic converters, along with Turbo Welded series mufflers. It sounds tough, without any drone.
  • Smog pump removed (included with car though). Charcoal canister still in use to pass Delaware inspection. (newly added info)
  • Currently running a 600cfm Edelbrock carb on stock intake. (newly added info)

INTERIOR:
  • New headliner, package tray, carpet, and dash pad form FMR in 2009.
  • Heater-core bypassed.
  • The seats are not 85-correct, but I am unsure of the exact year. Driver' seat is slightly worn with a small tear.
  • None of the CHP equipment has been mounted, other than the lights.

MISC:
  • Driver's side spotlight wired to a new fuse block mounted under dash.
  • Have an extra passenger side spotlight (the one mounted is not functioning or wired).
  • Rear deck lights wired up with an under-dash 2-way switch (used an existing hole). The lights are routed through a wig-wag relay for an alternating pattern depending on switch position.
  • Shotgun rack is not 85-era correct, so it will need the brackets modified to mount in car.
  • CC1 included, along with many trunk parts and CHP fire extinguisher.
  • Five 85/86 wheels included (along with the blacked-out 10-holes on the car), and four 85 caps also included.
  • Spare/front tires are 225/60R15 in size. They have good tread but need to be replaced due to age. (newly added info)
  • Rear tires are BFGs, and IIRC they are 255/60R15 in size (will confirm and edit).
  • CHP logo/star/decklid words are mounted on black magnetic material for display purposes.

Car is located in Newark, Delaware, which is about 35 minutes south of Philadelphia, PA. Although you could fly in and likely drive it home without encountering any problems, you may want to trailer it back hope if you are traveling any great distance. I never intended to make this a show car, so it is not in perfect condition. It is a 28yo Fox-chassis Mustang with quirks and personality, and it is documented with the CHP Assignment Card, Eminger Invoice, and California DMV registration history. I am offering the car for $6,500 and would like it to find a deserving home. I will also likely post it for sale on Four Eyed Pride, but I wanted to give it a shot here first. If you are interested, send me a PM and I will give you my cell number.

Thanks for looking!
Old 06-28-2013, 01:00 PM

If I think of anything else, I will make a new post. If I need to correct anything in the first post, I will highlight the change so you easily see what was modified.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 06-28-2013, 01:02 PM
It wasn't me....I promise

Wow....if only I had the money, I ony have enough for one that's a little more of a project....I'm dying to have an 85-86 SSP.

Good luck with the sale brother!

1988 Alabama DPS SSP - Demopolis Post/Marengo County - Unit #186

1991 GSP SSP - Troop G / Post 10 - Unit #1238--Sold
1986 Nevada HP SSP - Region HQ/Carson City - Unit #289--Sold
1992 FHP SSP - Troop L / Palm Beach County - Unit #1537--Sold
Old 06-28-2013, 02:33 PM

Not a bad price at all.
82 CHP Unit#870366
86 TX DPS M6-380
Old 07-01-2013, 10:40 AM

Thanks guys. I will gather all of the CHP parts to be included and get a photo(s) added to my Fotki page. I placed a similar ad today on FEP.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 07-01-2013, 06:30 PM

I have enough.
82 CHP Unit#870366
86 TX DPS M6-380
Old 07-01-2013, 11:36 PM

Bill no I think you have the date wrong?
It's April 1st that you post a thread about
selling your car. (my car's brother)
not July 1st
no seriously
what the hell are you thinking?
Old 07-02-2013, 09:06 AM

Andy, first off I hope all is well with you and yours in Arizona. I believe that you are not too far away from the devastating wild fires, so I hope you are safe and sound.

In terms of my black 85, don't worry. I still have the 85 SMPV to restore. Hopefully, this one will find a great new custodian who will join our ranks as proud 1985 CHP Mustang owners.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:13 PM

Hey do you still have the car
Old 08-21-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lui510 View Post
Hey do you still have the car
Yes. PM sent.