Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Members' SSPs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Members' SSPs A place to post up pics of your SSP, whether restored, in-progress, or somewhere in-between.

Old 10-30-2012, 02:27 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Tyler, here is the new page in our VIN Project for your SSP -

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info204022.htm

In 1984, the CHP order was produced by Ford in two batches. The first batch was part of a 136-car group of consecutive VINs (V8 notchbacks), and the second group was 131 cars. Given that the reported number of 1984 CHP Mustangs was 250, then the two groups have more than just the CHP cars in them. Your car was part of that first batch, btw.
Thanks for the information.
Any idea how to find what dept. it was issued to?
Old 10-30-2012, 10:00 AM

Sometimes CHP documentation will turn up that identifies where a car served. But generally speaking the only way to identify a car's location is from the CHP Assignment Card. We have had limited success in the past on obtaining these, but not lately...

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 10-30-2012, 02:35 PM

If you ask an opinion, youre going to get reponses whether they are good or bad. I have an 85 CHP and am going to restore it to in service condition minus the lights/siren, but the paint, wheels, interior, decals all will be as when in service. I also own a 1993 Cobra with less than 8K original miles. For play time and daily driving, I own an 89 5.0 coupe 5-speed that appears stock but has a 400+ horsepower 347, five lug conversion, etc. I dont race the car to and from work, I cruise 18 miles each way, 60-70 mph at most. I have nothing to prove to any of those POS hondas EVO's, Nissan, M3's etc....you wanna race? lets hit the track.....Do what you want with the car bro, but I believe there is a car for every occasion and a piece of history should be left as is. My 89 is no collectable but hauls ass, sucks gas, and looks great! Remember, we all belong to one community - FORD MUSTANG BABY!!