Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2009, 09:07 PM
'88 MA & '90 TX SSP's

Default Lights, Camera, Action!

Well, as many of you know, I officially brought my TX DPS home exactly one year ago a week from this coming Thursday! It is my first SSP and I wanted to take the restoration slow, having just graduated from college three days before leaving for KS to pick it up, knowing of my student loans ahead of me. It was my TX DPS's first car show last father's day and I met (in person) David P. As he was driving his CHP in, he activated the sirens and immediately, everyone turned in wonder. When I drove in, I got looks, but he got stares! It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen, seeing what a quality show car can do at a car show both driving in and parked. I knew that someday, my TX DPS would get to that point. Although I can't say I'm there yet, I am one step closer. Originally, I was going to keep it all black and the only non-TX correct thing I was going to do (besides paint scheme) was add LED's to make it look like a modern unmarked unit. Since purchasing the MA SSP, I decided to go 100% TX correct instead of 90%, allowing me to have one marked and one unmarked SSP, both 100% era-and-agency-correct.

LIGHTS... but no siren yet! (In the next few days! )

The front of the TX DPS has correct Whelen front red and blue strobes on an original (not a reproduction) mounting bracket made specifically for the TX DPS Highway Patrol.

The rear deck of the TX DPS... pictured is NOS correct red and blue halogens, correct functioning rear BEE radar antenna, newer non-period correct CB antenna (middle of the trunk), and the correct, very hard to find white antenna base for scanner and radio antenna.

CAMERA...
Video coming soon! Hopefully tonight, but if not, will be tomorrow!

ACTION...
Putting it on the road tomorrow and the first "official" public appearance will be at the Mustang Car Club of New England members-only road trip to the Ford Memorabilia Museum (no lights or sirens), but the debut of the lights will be at the Memorial Day parades, but getting even more technical, my first "everything activated" car cruise will be the one at the end of the month in Framingham, MA! I can't wait!!!

Yes, I am more than a little excited right now... and I mean that in a non-sexual way
1989 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatch w/36K All Original
1989 Mustang GT Conv. RARE W/OUT FACTORY A/C
http://www.5pt0joe.com