Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
He already sold it...local PD guy in Birmingham bought it.
I wonder if this was a guy I talked to at the Show, Robert was his name, he was with the Montgomery County Sheriff's Dept. Really nice guy, said he had been looking for one?

1992 SSP Kansas Highway Patrol #264 Troop H
1991 SSP Georgia State Patrol Perm/Trunk #1195, Roof/Badge/Tag #813
Old 04-24-2009, 05:36 PM

Well I dont know how the car picked up 2500 in the last 18 hrs since I talked to him...He told me 10k just last night.
I will say this though, I just started getting into these cars within the last 6 months since I got hurt on the job.
All the research That i've done on the cars and prices only tell me that the prices on these cars will try to stay steady within the SSP community. Outsiders to the community are gonna blow these things through the roof and price the cars out of the market. I see it happening right now on sites like craigs list... "FOR SALE SSP Copcar with the fenders falling off for 5k".

Now if you read back thru the threads on the site from just a year ago guys were picking up real solid cars for 2000-2500.
I have a feeling those solid cars are gonna start to dry up cause iv'e called on probably 8-10 cars in the last month and from the information i'm getting is that the sharks are circling the boat on these cars.

Now the guys that already own SSP's will be happy with the price jumps cause it will only bring value to there rides. Guys like me trying to enter the hobby without breaking the bank will soon be priced out of the market cause the supply of nice clean cars will dry up.
The real SSP enthusiast will in time become upset because his once affordable hobby wont be so affordable anymore. The days of buying and selling cars for the hobby will become cost prohibitive because the sharks drove the price up and over the little guy and into a rich mans hobby.
I kinda reminds me of Harley Davidson in some regards. Wanna bees and flippers bought up all the bikes and jacked up the prices. In the end all the nice iron became overpriced rich mans garage candy never to see sunlight again.
Heck I may be way off the map here but something tells me I'm not that far off.
When I joined this board I was offered a beautiful car by a site member that was just a little out of my price range "According to my wife".
I'm starting to think the car was cheap considering some of the junk Iv'e seen out there.
Oh well, enough of my new guy on the board ranting.

Joe
Old 04-24-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHPD356 View Post
Well I dont know how the car picked up 2500 in the last 18 hrs since I talked to him...He told me 10k just last night.
I will say this though, I just started getting into these cars within the last 6 months since I got hurt on the job.
All the research That i've done on the cars and prices only tell me that the prices on these cars will try to stay steady within the SSP community. Outsiders to the community are gonna blow these things through the roof and price the cars out of the market. I see it happening right now on sites like craigs list... "FOR SALE SSP Copcar with the fenders falling off for 5k".

Now if you read back thru the threads on the site from just a year ago guys were picking up real solid cars for 2000-2500.
I have a feeling those solid cars are gonna start to dry up cause iv'e called on probably 8-10 cars in the last month and from the information i'm getting is that the sharks are circling the boat on these cars.

Now the guys that already own SSP's will be happy with the price jumps cause it will only bring value to there rides. Guys like me trying to enter the hobby without breaking the bank will soon be priced out of the market cause the supply of nice clean cars will dry up.
The real SSP enthusiast will in time become upset because his once affordable hobby wont be so affordable anymore. The days of buying and selling cars for the hobby will become cost prohibitive because the sharks drove the price up and over the little guy and into a rich mans hobby.
I kinda reminds me of Harley Davidson in some regards. Wanna bees and flippers bought up all the bikes and jacked up the prices. In the end all the nice iron became overpriced rich mans garage candy never to see sunlight again.
When I joined this board I was offered a beautiful car by a site member that was just a little out of my price range "According to my wife".
I'm starting to think the car was cheap considering some of the junk Iv'e seen out there.

Joe
Have you tried contacting this guy? It's a pretty unmolested car for the money.
http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ead.php?t=1782
http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ead.php?t=1774
http://public.fotki.com/predator2020/
Old 04-24-2009, 05:47 PM

Joe, I agree 110% although the inflation will benefit those who have an SSP already, those who want one to fix or to drive or to restore (NOT to flip) will be out in the cold.

1993 FHP 813
1986 UHP SSP slicktop- Getting there little by little.
1993 Floyd Co Ga\Rome Ga pd SSP SOLD

E
ven grief recedes with time, but we must Never Forget. 9-11-01

Mustang Club of America member.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHPD356 View Post

Joe
Well said, Joe.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 04-24-2009, 08:56 PM

Hey Joe, welcome first of all. Second, you are right on point! Unfortunately, my first and only ssp so far was a roller but that's the only way I could afford one. It's not "solid" as you speak of and not original by any stretch. I guess it depends on how bad you want in.. The cars are still out there but most are over priced because of the publicity. You will find one if you really want one. Good luck.

I can't wait to see a Louisiana car pop up, I think it would be even more rediculous under the same circumstances. 2c
Old 04-24-2009, 09:50 PM

Joe,
I would NEVER sell my car unless I had to...It runs great and tonight I had it at a local car show with WHR44, his FHP car is a marked unit and both cars drew much attention. I can honestly tell you that it's turn key and the only thing left to do is install the equipment. I have all the equipment as well...please check my prior post as I was looking for a stick marked unit to go with this unmarked car. Unfortunately, my wife lost her job and I have to sell the car. I will purchase another one once we get squared away. In my opinion its cheaper to buy a car thats finished rather than buying one that needs work, just my 2 cents. That is unless you have the skills to do the labor yourself but even then it can get costly. Jim Y. or Gary SSP will attest to what the car is. I just registered for Carlisle in June, I will be taking it there if it does not sell locally. I also know WHR44 had an Arizona car he is thinking about selling to start on another FHP he has that needs lots of work. PM him if you are interested I think he wants $8500 and he got that car from Jim Y. as well. Its a 5 Speed and is not junk and I would say is a 5 footer.
1991 Santa Clara #91054 SOLD
Old 04-24-2009, 10:52 PM

Default $12,500 Buys the car.74k Orig Miles All documentation

Call me if you are interested in the car.and for $14,500 You can have the radio's lights and everything installed like it was back in 88..This car has been driven for 200 miles so far with not one Problem..Ice cold A/c..Emacculent paint..Just got done with a 14 hr wet sand and will start again tomorrow...Then off to polishing...Also had orig rear spare along with jack and handle..I also have all of the tag receipts and a Original State tag to go with the car...I will have pics up tomorrow of the coupe and i have been taking pics of the whole process of us just cleaning it up...It will amaze you greatly to see how this car looks..Its almost 100% Perfect..I did New plugs,cap button, and engine oil 3 times,It now has Mobile 1 in it...The rear diff has royal purple and the Trans has been serviced...The car has no door hinge problems of any sort.Everything is Extra tight..Also when we fired it up for the First time at the Guys house..There was no and i mean NO!!! Engine noise at all just Fired right up..Its been very very well maintained.Give me a call if you are interested...

The Trans is like New Money...Shifts Excelent Very tight stock shifter also..Its a 5 Speed to die for!
Thanks Brandon call me anytime..

1-205-382-9558

Last edited by lilalleykatt; 04-24-2009 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 04-24-2009, 11:06 PM
Admin

Brandon,

If I were you, I'd take some good pictures and put the car on eBay to see where it goes. Raising the price here, after telling everyone you would sell for 10K, probably wasn't the best idea, either.

Good luck with the sale and please post any further updates in the FS thread I moved into the For Sale section here. Thanks,

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 04-25-2009, 01:34 AM

Where in the rules does it say how long you have to watch your mouth? The shit is getting deep! Move this to the "anything goes" forum!