Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1982-1986 Special Service Mustangs The 4-eyed cars.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:11 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93sspcoupe View Post
this sucks, they dont do a 93...
I, too, feel your pain. :-(

'93 SSP
'90 LX 'vert - Sold
'87 LX hatch (parted out)
'88 LX 'vert (should have never)
'83 GL hatch (college car, long gone)
Old 04-10-2010, 11:59 AM

At the risk of sounding dumb, can I take my Eminger invoice to a place like Kinko's to make a good color copy for display purposes? I don't want to make an elaborate display board for shows, but I would like a small story board to explain what the car is when I walk away from it (which I do at shows - I prefer to look at other cars than hang around mine).

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 04-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Admin

I kinda did the same thing with my buildsheets and other docs. I scanned them and made color copies for display. I'm going to keep everything small enough to fit on the dash, so if I'm away I can lock up the car and it wont be blowing around and hitting others' cars.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 04-15-2010, 10:39 AM

Default good news......maybe

Marti charged me yesterday for the Eminger invoice ordered 3 days ago. They told me they would only bill my card if the document was located.

UPDATE at 12:30 PM. wife just sent a text to tell me it arrived in the mail today !

The big question now is will this document tell me who used the car? This car is missing the door Vin label so the DSO is unknown. It should be on the Eminger invoice. The car was a solid color so no special paint information and only one buc tag.

The information I was given by past owners is the car was a WSP unmarked. The car fax shows the car lived it's entire life in Washington after being taken out of service. If the DSO is the same as the other 84 that is really going to throw a wrench in the works as it was "allegedly" an Oregon State Police unit. This blue car was originally shipped to the same dealer as the OSP car (i already have that info).

I am contemplating selling one of the 84 cars but I am doing a little research first. I am going to order the Eminger invoice on the other 84 also, then decide which direction I am going in. I like the car because it is originally dark blue. The next couple of days should be interesting.......

UPDATE: Well at 1:30 today i couldn't stand it any longer. I called the wife and she opened the envelope. Turns out I got some pretty good news. The DSO is the same as the 84 white car. 74-0291. The invoice says "State of Oregon" then lists all the options which are the exact same as the white car except for the blue paint which is also listed on the invoice. So it is apparent I have two Oregon cars, consecutive VIN numbers, one marked and one unmarked. This kinda stuff is why I enjoy this hobby guys !! I will scan and post the invoice this evening.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 04-15-2010, 02:26 PM

Jim , Congrats !
WOW !!!!! That's great news my friend !!
How lucky is that !!! It doesn't get any better than that !

ssp91ssp

1992 PO.Oregon Police, Bimini Blue, Unit #85655,
Plate #SMY174 Unmarked, Served Central,North,
East Precinct until Aug 2000.
1988 Colorado State Patrol,Unit #246,DSO 76, Glenwood Springs CO.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
UPDATE: Well at 1:30 today i couldn't stand it any longer. I called the wife and she opened the envelope. Turns out I got some pretty good news. The DSO is the same as the 84 white car. 74-0291. The invoice says "State of Oregon" then lists all the options which are the exact same as the white car except for the blue paint which is also listed on the invoice. So it is apparent I have two Oregon cars, consecutive VIN numbers, one marked and one unmarked. This kinda stuff is why I enjoy this hobby guys !! I will scan and post the invoice this evening.
That's awesome news Jim! Congrats on building the history of the car that has a consecutive VIN to the other one you have. Nailing down the research like this sure is a bunch of fun! So what are you gonna do with two 84 Oregon cars?

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 04-15-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
So what are you gonna do with two 84 Oregon cars?
not sure.....I like them both for different reasons.

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 04-15-2010, 05:55 PM

Default here it is

Here is the invoice. Good stuff if your trying to confirm the origin and use of the car. It looks like it was order number 1074-172E Placed 12/22/83 by the "State of OR". Pretty well equipped too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Emminger Invoice0001.jpg (80.5 KB, 58 views)

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 04-15-2010, 09:34 PM

Very cool Jim!!! Have you got invoices on the way for the rest of the early cars?
Old 04-15-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
Very cool Jim!!! Have you got invoices on the way for the rest of the early cars?
Not yet. It is hit or miss on them having them anyway. Some people are being told they are not available. This was the most important one for me but I hope to get them all eventually. I will probably order the other 84 next week.

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP