Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:27 AM

Default 1990 Poss TxDPS on CL

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4168053280.html

Quote:
1990 Texas Police intercepter 5.0 Mustang Coupe unit MO-364 - $3000 (Baton Rouge, LA)

1990 Mustang 5.0 Coupe Ex Texas Dept. of Public Safety police unit # MO-364. Sold to Baton Rouge dealer in 1995. Driven until 2001 ignition switch went bad, impounded and towed. It has been in storage ever since. Car is almost all original except for off road h-pipe and Flowmasters. 5 speed car with Special Service Police Package. 160 speedo, external oil cooler, extra floor pan bracing, dash mounted trunk release. Like most mustangs has been abused but this one alittle more than most. Being in one spot for 12 years has not been all that bad considering its former life. Changed the gas tank and got it running, not great but enough move to drive down street. I know some of the injectors are bad. Engine runs lean. Steers, no smoke and stops but will all systems gone thru before it able to be driven on road.

Body is better than most with only minor rust around windshield, passenger door post and drivers drop off. Good floor pans and battery box. Interior still bright blue except for some sun faded parts. Holster wear on drivers side from officer getting in and out. Cig burn on back seat (hard to smoke in handcuffs). Minor front end damage on driver front and door. Hood flew up and slight cowl bend.

Because it was impounded and not running a Louisiana Permit to Dismantle was issued in 2002. This will act a proof of ownership. They recent changed the law and this car can not be put back on the road in Louisiana. Since it is not in the Texas database clear title should be able to be obtain thru a Mechanics lean or Judgment title. Sold as is.

Only 204 of these cars were used by Texas in 1990 and VERY few of these have survived. I foresee this car being VERY collectable in the future. The VIN number is in the Mustang Special Service registry and it is a Documented unit. Cars are only original once.

Only reason I'm selling it is I have two more just like it and in better shape. I would really like to see this car come back home to Texas. All questions welcome. Thank you for reading. •Location: Baton Rouge, LA
So if it is indeed #M0-364 as the seller claims, then this car has been confirmed already in our VIN Project -

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info149445.htm

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 90possTxDPS.jpg (50.7 KB, 50 views)