Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Welcome!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Welcome! New Member/Visitor area. Feel free to post up any questions you have about the site or the forums.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:19 PM

Default SSP newbie

Hello to all. I am doing this rather belatedly but as it's said, better that than never. Just got the last of the major details nailed down with my SSP by replacing all the weather stripping with new from FMR and getting my passenger door to act right and close as it should. I know it is mod-ed with the Cervini hood and the GT wheels but the wheels were on it and the functional cold air intake hood was a figgen' steal. The stock hood got dismantled in the making of the mold for the super-light weight composite hood my friend made. Trouble is, it would need pinned and the pins I like are like $250 stealth affairs. Here's photos at long last with cop wheels and the 16" and 17" GT wheels. Which looks best? Marcos has seen it in person and helped me out with getting accident reports which have since turned into w-a-i-t-i-n-g on Tallahassee to send me the in-service pictures.
When you owe Tallahassee something they are really expediant. Funny, that... But a big THANK YOU to Marcos for the help.
See you on the forums!

PHIL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20090723_IMG_0666.JPG (66.4 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 20090723_IMG_0667.JPG (63.1 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 20090723_IMG_0669.JPG (68.4 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg 20090723_IMG_0671.JPG (67.7 KB, 40 views)
Old 07-25-2009, 05:01 PM

Welcome! My monitor isn't great - is the decklid painted white, silver, or tan? The car looks sweet with either wheel setup. It obviously looks more like an SSP by using the blacked out 10-holes, but the others don't look bad IMHO. Thanks for posting pics - I love seeing SSP's turn up.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 07-25-2009, 06:21 PM

Looks good Phil, and welcome. I like the 10 holes but that's just me. How long have you owned it?

1993 FHP 813
1986 UHP SSP slicktop- Getting there little by little.
1993 Floyd Co Ga\Rome Ga pd SSP SOLD

E
ven grief recedes with time, but we must Never Forget. 9-11-01

Mustang Club of America member.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:38 PM

Default White, silver or tan

Hey, Bill Jr.

All good guesses - it's like a dove? gray. The entire car was on it's way to being dove gray. A "colour that didn't attract attention" was how my friend characterized it. As if excessive MPH were somehow overlooked by an inane choice of paint colour. The whole shell was already painted and all other parts were stripped off, sealed with epoxy primer and gathering dust for 8 years when I bought it from him. A natural crossroads. I carried the parts to work with me one by one and painted them all black then broke a line down the side of the body and shot the rear quarters right where the pictures were taken. Kinda Marine Patrol in an unintentional way. Just meant to give a tip of the hat to the car's FHP pedigree w/o using cream which I was told to avoid lest I meet the original owners with some frequency. Thanks for having a look and for the kind comments.

PHIL
Old 07-25-2009, 06:51 PM

Thanks, Bernie!

I got it in, I think February of this year. Really cool cars. I get now, some twenty years later what all the fuss was about. It's all the more gratifying to have one of these now when so many have been incompetently driven into immoveable objects or hacked up to go drag racing. Mine is not without molestation as the buck tags were inexplicably cut OFF! (screeching tires, woman screams, glass breaking). Some people just care nothing for the fact that these were service vehicles whereas I think it's one of the coolest aspects of them.

Thanks again -

PHIL
Old 07-25-2009, 07:02 PM

Default Bill Jr.

I tried too include these to illustrate my words. I think they were too large and the system revolted -

Check 'em out. Hmm won't permit two at a time.. will do one and then the next.

PHIL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Out of the hole.JPG (77.4 KB, 54 views)
Old 07-25-2009, 07:04 PM

Default Segundo

How much difference a little black makes,,,,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0464.JPG (94.2 KB, 54 views)