Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Welcome!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Welcome! New Member/Visitor area. Feel free to post up any questions you have about the site or the forums.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:58 PM

Thanks everyone. With my car history, you might think I'd be an SVO kind of guy...while those always appealed to me, there's nothing quite like a nice 5.0 notch.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:57 PM

Welcome. The T-37 is a rare bird! I hope you find a fox! They pop up pretty regularly so that shouldnt be a problem. But I must warn you, these cars are addictive! LOL
#200882 unit# M9166- SOLD
Old 10-30-2012, 10:29 AM

Yes, I was fortunate to find the T-37, especially still in the hands of the original family. One of these years that car will get the paint job it deserves.

Here is one of my Saabs that you guys might appreciate...it is a '92 900 base sedan in Nocturne Blue (similar to a Ford blue I see was available on Mustangs).

It started as a normally-aspirated 2.1 liter, 16V car, automatic, cloth seats, no sunroof, steel wheels with full wheel covers. I got it from a customer who moved to Vegas and didn't want to take it with him as it was in need of a transmission (pinion bearings shot due to quick-lube shop draining differential oil instead of engine oil...very common on these 900s due to configuration of drivetrain...engine sits on top of transmission)

I pulled the drivetrain to replace the automatic with a good used unit I had from a wreck, and added a Mitsubishi turbo with stock intercooling system while it was out (same turbo and system as on my stock '91 SPG). So...now it runs about 7-8 psi of boost on the stock 2.1 engine with 10:1 compression. Pretty quick off the line, surprises some people!

It has no emblems (other than the small "turbo" in the grille) and I added the dog-dish style hubcaps that were used on 8-valve base cars in the mid 1980s. Kind of gives it a sleeper/unmarked look, especially in this color IMO. Someone who doesn't know these cars well would think it came this way from the factory. Fun car but unfortunately getting quite rusty underneath as it is my winter beater.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 92-900-base-sleeper (640x383) (600x359).jpg (259.1 KB, 26 views)
Old 10-30-2012, 03:50 PM

I remember some guy trying to race me in one of those Saabs late at night, back in 91-92. I was driving a 1973 Volvo 164E. He was taunting, but I didn't respond. Finally he gave up. I'm sure I was no challenge.

'93 SSP
'90 LX 'vert - Sold
'87 LX hatch (parted out)
'88 LX 'vert (should have never)
'83 GL hatch (college car, long gone)
Old 10-30-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadair View Post
I remember some guy trying to race me in one of those Saabs late at night, back in 91-92. I was driving a 1973 Volvo 164E. He was taunting, but I didn't respond. Finally he gave up. I'm sure I was no challenge.
Depends if he had a turbo or not. The non-turbos are pretty slow, especially with automatic transmission. They are heavy cars.

I have an '86 900 S notchback (only imported to US in '85-'86) that I turbocharged. It ran 15.30 @94 mph at MIR about 10 years ago. Could have been in the 14s that night except it was 30 degrees out and the skinny tires I had on it (on black steelies) were like ice blocks. It spun all the way through first and halfway through second...

Several parallels with the Fox Mustangs...both made '79-'93, both got "aero" body changes in '87, both got airbag in '90...