Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:43 PM

Bringing some info over from another thread, thanks Rhino for the great info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
That is a former WSP Mustang from WA State. The coding on the firewall is consistent with WSP as well as the cutouts on the console and holes in the body/dash. Cool!

LMK if you want any info on WSP cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
The holes on the firewall match where the relays were mounted for the emergency equipment.

Here's some info on those markings:

The top 4 digits are the inventory # as used in the pre-delivery inspection (PDI). LG stands for Leonard Griffin (Who worked for McCallom Ford in Spokane). He marked the firewall on every car he inspected with his initials. All of our cars have them - even the PCSD Mustangs. The bottom date is when the car was inspected at the dealer.

For comparison - here's a few pics of my cars:
87 WSP Mustang:

88 PCSD Mustang:
A couple more pics.

1 of the family. I just got the 84 convertible for my son, he turns 16 next month. The black one is my older son's 84, and the Saleen clone is my 84.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:28 AM

Thought it was time for a little update. I have really been liking driving this car. I've got most all of the little bugs worked out of it, and can say it drives better then any other Fox I've had. I took it on a road trip and had it down on some "mountain" Arkansas roads, it ate them up. I put my Cobra wheels, with a 245 tire on it, I'm sure that helped, but still it stayed nice and flat.

I guess you could say I'm going to resto-mod this thing, with more emphasis on resto, and mods to get the performance on track with modern performance cars. I want people to look at this thing and say, "look at the old police car" not "look at the Hot Rod". It will be a driver, I want at home on a road trip, road track , auto-x, or a car show.

I'm getting ready to change the heads and intake, to Trick Flow. I feel bad about changing it from stock, but I feel power is this things biggest weakness. I'm going to keep everything, so it can be restored to stock if wanted. I'm not going to change the cam right now.

I've been looking into a radio system, I believe it would be the Motorola Micor. I have someone on another forum who says he can put me something together to work on the Family Radio System, but it's something else. I feel like if I'm going to put something in there, I want it to be right. Any info on the easiest right way to do it? And if it's going that far, I would probably want a PA.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:46 PM

Default Nice

Looking good.

1988 Mustang LX
Old 01-17-2014, 12:48 AM

Looks Good
Old 01-19-2014, 11:49 PM

Thanks, guys.
I did get my heads, and intake put on.

Also did some 3.55 gears, h-pipe and Dynomax catback. With the stock cam the driving characteristics stayed the same, but picked up about 70hp on the dyno.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:54 PM

70 horses with a stock bottom end? Nice!
Old 04-04-2014, 10:15 PM

Well since I bought a nice 83 , for a hot rod, I changed my plan with this. Took the upgrades off, and put the stock stuff back on, well mostly. The plan is a stock restore, when I'm not modding the other one.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:49 AM

Hi all

My name is Adam Waite. This exact SSP was my father's car from 1991 to 2011.

We bought it in Seattle in 1991, lived in Wentachee until 1999,then moving down here to Mid MO.

I felt like I had seen a family for the 1st time in years when I saw the pics on the 1st post. The rims and the yellow scrape on the back gave it away.

My dad won several drag racing trophies in the 90's at Seattle drag strip in this car. He would change the back tires to slicks and take the back seat out for weight reduction.

This was the very 1st car I drove when I was 15 years old on the back roads outside of Stover, MO.

He sold it in 2011 when he got a new Stang. I started hunting it down a couple weeks ago, which has led me here. I had heard it was in a SSP museum that restore's it to specs of when it was a State Patrol car. I hope this isn't true.

It is a very special car in my family. I still can't believe I found some pics of it, even if they are from 2013.
Old 01-27-2019, 02:48 PM

Thanks for sharing the back story....

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 01-28-2019, 11:41 AM

Thank you for posting up.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!