Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Mustangs/Miscellaneous For sale/Wanted/Parts-non SSP

Old 09-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Bobby Edwards

Arrow 1985 SSP LTD for sale Atlanta Craigslist

Not mine just passing along;

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/4041148683.html

I have up for sale is a very rare Ford LTD with the police package:

Car runs, drives, stops, and handles awesome. I'd be interested in a trading for an older running driving project, primarily interested in Ford, AMC, or Mopar.

5.0L High Output engine
AOD 4 speed transmission
Larger heavy duty brakes
Upgraded heavy duty suspension
Certified calibration speedometer

I've done a lot of work to this car, as it was in need of a few things when I purchased it.

New brake booster
New Front rotors and semi-metallic pads
Brake Fluid Flush
New external fuel pump (previous owner installed a internal pump prior to my purchase)
New air filter
New fuel filter(s)
New battery
New alternator
New Swaybar end links and Poly bushings
New U-Joint and Lower Ball Joints
Recent Oil Change
Radiator Flush
New Headliner
New Falken speed rated tires on hard to find Enki mesh rims.

Car comes with some spares:
Full set of police steel wheels with hubcaps

Car still needs some work, paint isn't perfect (it was resprayed at some point and it wasn't that great). All I would do to it is have it resprayed and maybe address the cracked windshield. I have receipts for all the work done, totaling over $1200.

The car is registered and tagged no need for a VIN verification, or emissions for that matter. Lots of paperwork comes with the sale including, hard to find police manual, a build sheet, and original owners manual. I'll also toss in a complete Factory Workshop Manual (much better than a Chilton or Haynes)

I don't need help selling. More pics available upon request. This is a rare car that will only go up in value.

Feel free to call or text me if you have any questions: Five Oh Three 449 Three Eight Two One, Matt

1983 GSP#3083 Capt. C. Stallings #99 Post 41

1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27; ACE wrecked in service with 24k miles; most documented & lowest mileage GSP

1990 GSP#0196 Trpr P. Kirkpatrick #756 Post 29

1992 GSP#2221 Trpr M. Prince #895 Post 9; “1 of 6” LoJack GSP Mustangs
Old 09-03-2013, 09:38 AM

I dig this car - would love to find a Texas DPS example.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:29 AM

Chris, did you ever consult with FoxChassis on the Texas DPS LTDs that were listed on the auction paperwork we used for the VIN Project? There were a few 1984 LTD cars listed with VINs:

2FABP43F8EX153560
2FABP43FXEX153561
2FABP43F1EX153562
1FABP43F8EZ162933

I think one or more of those is probably a Crown Vic (the auction paperwork may not be 100% correct in their descriptions). I do not know how to decode those VINs, but if you can isolate suspected VINs for the LTDs you may be able to figure out how many were batched together. Then you can start searching for those cars like Mick did with the 1983 Arizona DPS Mustang he found through CL ads. You may get lucky...

EDIT: If available, I wonder what a Marti Report or Eminger Invoice would say about a Texas DPS LTD, in terms of the SSP option?

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!

Last edited by 28HopUp; 09-03-2013 at 10:41 AM. Reason: added a question
Old 09-07-2013, 11:47 AM

Hello, everyone. I'm the owner of the LTD that "Kapracing" posted up. He called me a few days ago to let me know it was over here. I decided to sign up and maybe help answer any questions you guys might have about it.

If anyone has any questions regarding the history of the car I can try and answer those to the best of my ability. As I understand it, it was bought and used by a small town outside of Roswell, GA and was in service up until 2000! That's the last official paper work I have, the previous owner told me the LTD was auctioned off around this time, and bought by a worker at the auction yard. He parked it until the previous owner purchased it, and then he parked it as it was going to be a project car. I picked the car up last November and have been taking care of it ever since.

If you have any other questions let me know and I'll try and answer them.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:15 PM

Thanks for joining!

I am a bit lacking in knowledge when it comes to these cars, so forgive my questions:
  • Does this package car have 2 buck tags on the radiator? If so, can you post up clear pictures of them?
  • Is the original door long-gone? It would be great to see the VIN label on the driver's door, if that is still possible.
  • Have you ever ordered a Marti Report for it? I would love to see how this car was optioned by Ford.

Thanks in advance, and GLWS!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 09-07-2013, 12:29 PM

I have the original drivers door, and sticker.

To be honest I haven't looked for the buck tags, but I'll do that today and report back.

I've not ordered a marti report. from what I understand, Kevin doesn't really have much info on non mustangs of this vintage. Ford however, is doing something similar now for pretty much all cars. It was previously known as a "999" report. I might see about getting that done.

I can tell you that looking at the build sheet is was special ordered with LH Spot light, and roof reinforcement, and wiring for a light bar. Which I can attest is still all there after I redid the headliner.

It does have the "M" engine code similar to the mustang which was for the 5.0 High Output. It also has the external trans cooler.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:18 PM
VIN guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Chris, did you ever consult with FoxChassis on the Texas DPS LTDs that were listed on the auction paperwork we used for the VIN Project? There were a few 1984 LTD cars listed with VINs:

2FABP43F8EX153560
2FABP43FXEX153561
2FABP43F1EX153562
1FABP43F8EZ162933

I think one or more of those is probably a Crown Vic (the auction paperwork may not be 100% correct in their descriptions). I do not know how to decode those VINs, but if you can isolate suspected VINs for the LTDs you may be able to figure out how many were batched together. Then you can start searching for those cars like Mick did with the 1983 Arizona DPS Mustang he found through CL ads. You may get lucky...

EDIT: If available, I wonder what a Marti Report or Eminger Invoice would say about a Texas DPS LTD, in terms of the SSP option?
Those VINs are for full-size "Panther" platform LTD Crown Victorias. First dead giveaway for the first three is the 2FA code, meaning they were made in Canada (X = St Thomas). The Fox LTD was made in the USA only. Second dead giveaway is all have a P43 body code. The body code in the VIN for mid-size "Fox" platform LTDs is P39. Any 5.0L (Fox) LTD you see will have a P39M in the VIN. There is no way to tell by the VIN if a P39M is an LTD LX or an LTD SSP. They had the same body code, engine code, and assembly plant.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Bobby Edwards

Not sure if this will help but here's a copy of build sheet...

And yes please post up pics of door sticker and buck tags if possible:-)

Glad you joined up :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (161.9 KB, 110 views)

1983 GSP#3083 Capt. C. Stallings #99 Post 41

1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27; ACE wrecked in service with 24k miles; most documented & lowest mileage GSP

1990 GSP#0196 Trpr P. Kirkpatrick #756 Post 29

1992 GSP#2221 Trpr M. Prince #895 Post 9; “1 of 6” LoJack GSP Mustangs
Old 09-07-2013, 07:04 PM
VIN guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
I dig this car - would love to find a Texas DPS example.
There were three here:

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...leinfo/T03.jpg

Items: 16, 17, 18

1FABP39MXFG212857
1FABP39MXFG212826
1FABP39M4FG212840

They were in a group of 60 consecutive P39M VINs (FG212804-FG212863). It is possible all 60 were TxDPS.

Then one LTD wagon (1FABP4034FG212864).

Then 135 more P39M (FG212865-FG212999). GF212873 was confirmed as scrapped in 2000 in a CA salvage yard so that group of 135 may have been CHP or other California agencies.

I went through all of the LTD and Marquis VINs after I did the four-eyed Mustang/Capri and aero Mustang SSP.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:00 AM

You ARE the VIN guru! Thanks for clarifying and finding those correct TxDPS VINs. Have you and Chris discussed running those VINs to see if any are around?

And meeandmine, my apologies for taking this thread in a different direction.