Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1adam12 View Post
These FACTS are all based upon the known car serial numbers from the 1st and second batch of 1988 OSP cars ordered by Damerow Ford.
Based upon our findings, both "batches" were part of the same DSO number: #74-0005, which had 59 cars total in that order. By ordering some Marti Reports on some specific VINs, we could learn how the cars were likely optioned. But the cost/benefit ratio does not add up. Plus, it is next to impossible to figure out which cars were used in-service. But as stated, we do know how many SSP Mustangs Ford built in that order.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 10-30-2015, 01:39 PM

This one is back up for sale on CL -

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/5292316057.html

Quote:
1988 Ford Mustang 5.0 5spd. Coupe(factory built police car) - $6500 (Bremerton)

1988 Ford Mustang LX V8 5 speed Coupe with SSP option. Both buck tags are present along with all body vin tags. This car was never in police service, this car went to Blue cross Blue Shield of Multnomah county Oregon. Others of this oregon order went to saleen for modifications.

This mustang has 198,000 miles, new exhaust from headers all the way back, manual windows, manual mirrors, manual locks, manual gas door and no cruise. Pretty much original drivetrain and suspension with the exception of the front seats and steering wheel. I have lots of records and documentation including the original purchase paperwork and protecto-plate. Runs and drives good but will need some tlc eventually. This is NOT a project car, its titled tabbed insured and driven almost daily. Downfalls are cracked windshield, ding/dent in roof, front rotors could use a turn or replace. 4th gear works but has an issue. $6500 If it dosent sell here Ebay is the next step.

Call or text 360 62one 51five three
Old 10-30-2015, 01:53 PM

this thread highlights why the VIN project is so important. Potential buyers can reference the car and know it isn't someone simply creating a bunch of
non- confirmable hype etc. Nice to see the seller putting out the history. This is a unique car for sure.

+1 for the VIN project. Mick and Bill have done a fantastic job recording history.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 10-31-2015, 05:05 PM

Thank you, Jim. We have also seen two instances of documentation being posted in the VIN Project which later got lost by the cars' owner. The SSP was sold, and the new owner only had the photo in our VIN Project (as I recall, in one instance it was a window sticker, and the other it was the Buck Tags that went missing).

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 10-31-2015, 05:54 PM
Bobby Edwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
+1 for the VIN project. Mick and Bill have done a fantastic job recording history.
X's 2
Yes they have done an absolute amazing job !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Thank you, Jim. We have also seen two instances of documentation being posted in the VIN Project which later got lost by the cars' owner. The SSP was sold, and the new owner only had the photo in our VIN Project (as I recall, in one instance it was a window sticker, and the other it was the Buck Tags that went missing).
This is a blessing to those new owners...

1983 GSP#3083 Capt. C. Stallings #99 Post 41

1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27; ACE wrecked in service with 24k miles; most documented & lowest mileage GSP

1990 GSP#0196 Trpr P. Kirkpatrick #756 Post 29

1992 GSP#2221 Trpr M. Prince #895 Post 9; “1 of 6” LoJack GSP Mustangs
Old 01-26-2016, 02:16 PM

This pic may already be floating around. Anybody seen this car in person? Its still for sale, I may be interested but would have to buy without seeing it in person.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 23.jpg (33.2 KB, 72 views)
Old 01-28-2016, 02:49 PM

If you are interested in it I could drive up to bremerton and inspect it for you. I love about 30 mins from there.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:18 PM

I really appreciate the offer but it sold on Ebay a few days ago. I was waiting on if I wanted to bid or not and got tied up and missed the end. It sold for $5500. But never know sometimes ebay auctions don't always pan out. Coincidently I was in FIFE WA last week for work and could have looked at it but at that point I didn't know it was for sale.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67gt500 View Post
If you are interested in it I could drive up to bremerton and inspect it for you. I love about 30 mins from there.
Rob - you are up in the Northwest now? Where are you located? Asking as I am also about 30 minutes from Bremerton. Shoot me your info via PM and we can connect.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:38 PM

I am here in Wa. now. I am in Gig harbor, unbelievable country up here! Big difference from phoenix weather! I will shoot you a PM.