Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Restoration-related Equipment Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Restoration-related Equipment Tech Any questions or information about any period-correct resto equipment (ie. switchboxes, lights, radios).

Old 10-15-2011, 12:16 PM
...Gathering Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSPCHPSTANG3101 View Post
Yes this is the alleged movie car that once belonged to Paramount pictures.I have nothing that supports this fact. The previous owner lives in Van Nuys California and works for the movie industry their in Los Angeles.Previous owner claimed he purchased this vehicle from a movie director and that this vehicle I now own and a retired CHP Mustang (last four vin.....3063) were in a late 1980's movie starring Mark Hamill.Supposedly and unfortunately its sister car #3063 was destroyed in a road race crash accident. I have yet to find this movie. My Certificate of Title shows that it once had personalized California license plates that read "DIRECTS".
The movie "Homer and Eddie" had an 82 CHP car as well as the movie "8 Million Ways to Die". Neither of these are Paramount's and no affiliation with Mark Hamill. I can probably get a hold of my contact who did work for Paramount during the 80's in the transportation area and see if he remembers this one and that story. I'll see what he says.

The VIN also shows that the vehicle was being smog tested the last time in August 1999 based on the CA Smog site and no activity at all recorded on the VIN last four 3063.

Very cool car.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:09 PM

Smile 1982 CHP Mustang bought on ebay 02/02/2011 (Part 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSPCHPSTANG3101 View Post
For those of you who may be wondering what happened to the 1982 CHP Mustang (1FABP10F7CF213064) listed on ebay back in February 02, 2011, well I am glad to tell you all I purchased this car on ebay with intentions of restoring this vehicle back into its service condition. The car was purchased in Van Nuys California and is now permanently located in my hometown of Bakersfield California. In the short time that I have owned this historical vehicle I have stayed focused on just acquiring the hard to find period correct equipment this vehicle once had.Here is a short recap of this vehicles progress and whats been going on with it. I was fortunate to get in contact with Robert Reed not long after my ebay purchase and with his help I was able to acquire most of the equipment I was looking for."C L" has also been a valuable site for me on two caissons in acquiring some of this vehicles other hard to find equipment. I posted a listing in "Auto Parts" category in Sacramento and the header said this "Wanted CHIP Ford Mustang Wheels".I went a far to paste a picture of what style wheels and hubcaps I was looking for in my listing. Then one day approximately five weeks later and out of the blue an older gentleman responded to my listing. The first thing he said," is this Eric,I have what you are looking for". I almost hung up on him and not realizing he was responding to my Wanted Posting.(I am glad I did not hang up on him)The gentleman informed me he once owned a retired 1982 CHIP Mustang that he purchased after its retirement from state service and that he believed he had a set of wheels and tires that I was looking for.The gentleman also informed prior to selling his Mustang several years ago he had removed its wheels tires and hubcaps and replaced them with a set of aftermarket wheels and tires. When the kind gentleman proceeds to tell me that after all these years he still had the CHP Mustang wheels tires and hubcaps from his Mustang in his storage building, the phone almost fell out of my hand.Then when the gentleman informs me he wanted one hundred and fifty dollars for the whole set and that he would send pictures later on that afternoon.Needless to say a text message appeared on my phone with three pictures of the wheels and tires my heart stopped. I thought to myself how cool how this transpired To make a long story short,two weeks later the kind gentleman was driving into Bakersfield California on his way to vacation in Arizona.In the back of his truck was the complete set of CHP wheels tires and hubcaps for my Mustang. Just recently I listed a "Wanted Federal Signal CC1" along with a picture in the Los Angeles "C L" Auto Parts category and I get a call with in two weeks from a gentleman living in the Orange County area and he tells me he had an extra CC1 available for sale.Well needless to say after 2 1/2 hour drive up to Orange County from Bakersfield I bought a working Federal Signal CC1.I am looking forward to moving on with this project.Unfortunately my Mustangs unit number and E plate umber is unknown at this time as the driver side door was replaced at one time and Mr Reed has not been able to find my Service Card for this car at CHP Motor Transport. I recently attended the 2011 Ripon Car show and was fortunate to meet "mac88chp" and got to see his beautiful restored CHP Mustang. His encouragement for me to keep moving forward with my project has refueled my motivation to attend the 2012 Ripon event with my CHP Mustang in its finished or unfinished states.
I would like to thank everyone for all the welcoming and encouraging comments to this forum. When I originally posted this update on my CHP Mustang last week I was getting ready to head out for work. Being a little pressed for time I left out my Mustang's alleged "Movie" history after its retirement from the CHP.The following day after winning this ebay auction I could not wait for my day at work to end any faster.When I did get home I hooked up the car hauler to my truck and my wife and myself were Los Angeles bound.Luckily Van Nuys was an hour and thirty minutes from my home town of Bakersfield.When we arrived I was able to speak with the gentleman Who I will leave nameless prior to loading up my new historical project on the hauler.This gentleman has been employed and makes a living in the Movie Industries there in Los Angeles. He had many cool movie prop items in his yard and in his garage that he must of felt he needed to have at his home.Now for the record my occupation with being a Gang Unit Investigator with my department I can pretty much tell if someone is being truthful or being less than honest while I am speaking with an individual.Its a skill that did not happen over night but when you are talking to to some of these individuals that commit crimes your skills sharpen. So now while I am talking with this gentleman I wanted to know details of who,what,when,where and how while trying not to seem like he is being interrogated by me for a crime. I just wanted to know details before I handed out the cash to him.One of the classic signs I use that if a person breaks eye contact while he is being asked a question well then my red flags go up and now I am believing this individual is being less than honest with me.The other classic signs are the individuals body movements and mannerisms that do tell alot about his honesty he is portraying. So anyway this gentleman seemed to be honest and sincere with his information he told me regarding this vehicles history.Unfortunately he appeared to have some what of some memory lost on some of the vehicles history and that comes with age and I can completely understand myself.I am 45 years old and sometimes forget things myself.So apparently the gentleman claims my Mustang (1FABP10F7CF213064) and its sister car last four (.............3063) were once purchased by Paramount Pictures in Los Angeles years ago after these two vehicles were retired from state service.The agreement was once the production of the movie was to be completed these cars were to be destroyed.(Reason the CHP did not want to have to chase their own retired chase vehicles if they were ever involved with a high speed pursuit). Unfortunately sister car # 3063was destroyed in a road race crash. The gentleman stated both vehicles were allegedly used in Mark Hamill movie he either starred or directed in.Now everybody knows "Mark Hamil" as being one of the stars in the first Star Wars movie.Unfortunately I have not followed up on the actor/ directors movie credits and have not researched his movie history career.I am sure he has been actively involved in the movie business. Well any way this gentleman tells me he obtained the car from Paramount Pictures years back and he and his wife used this car as a daily driver.I totally believe this to be true due to the fact that I discovered several items under the rear seat that are indcictive to being a daily driver /family car such as small pink hair clips, McDonald toys pocket change and crayons.So now its time for me to load up this car on my car hauler and this gentleman begins to shed a few tears and I actually witnessed the gentleman say his good byes to this soon to be departed vehicle in his driveway.He placed one of his arms over the roof top and the other arm across the middle of outside portion of the driver side door and made the statement "I am going to miss you old girl".With my wife standing by me I almost shed a tear myself as this gentleman spoke but refrained.So a few days later while on my days off I am looking this car over top to bottom and front to back like a crime scene.I am looking reviewing all of the vehicles paperwork and discovered on the title of ownership that revealed this Mustang once had personalized California License plates of "DIRECT".Unfortunately the vehicle has not been registered in several years and the previous owner kept the plates for what ever reasons.So if any one knows of any of this cars history I would Love to hear about it. Unfortunately with this vehicles lost Unit Card and a unknown E-Plate number I have no other history of this car and where it served while it was in service with the CHP.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:33 PM

I watched an old film not too long ago that had such a car in it. Actually there were two.
Go on YouTube and search for Cohen and Tate.
The mustangs are in the trailer I think .
Old 10-16-2011, 09:07 AM

Eric, you may be able to learn the CHP Unit Number by requesting the DMV Registration History for your car. Here's a discussion thread about doing that:

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ead.php?t=2676

When I received the one for my 85, it listed the CHP as the first owner, and included the original license plate number which would give you the Unit Number. I know another member with an 82 was unsuccessful when he tried, but you'll never know unless you try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texunter View Post
I watched an old film not too long ago that had such a car in it. Actually there were two.

I found this picture on Google -

Old 10-16-2011, 10:12 AM

Looks to be a tx car.
Sorry
Old 10-16-2011, 12:21 PM

Default Cohen and Tate

Quote:
I will have to check this out,thanks..
Old 10-16-2011, 12:23 PM

Thumbs up DMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Eric, you may be able to learn the CHP Unit Number by requesting the DMV Registration History for your car. Here's a discussion thread about doing that:

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ead.php?t=2676

When I received the one for my 85, it listed the CHP as the first owner, and included the original license plate number which would give you the Unit Number. I know another member with an 82 was unsuccessful when he tried, but you'll never know unless you try!

I found this picture on Google -

Thanks for the DMV tip it is well worth the try..
Old 10-16-2011, 12:36 PM

Default #3064

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPI View Post
The movie "Homer and Eddie" had an 82 CHP car as well as the movie "8 Million Ways to Die". Neither of these are Paramount's and no affiliation with Mark Hamill. I can probably get a hold of my contact who did work for Paramount during the 80's in the transportation area and see if he remembers this one and that story. I'll see what he says.

The VIN also shows that the vehicle was being smog tested the last time in August 1999 based on the CA Smog site and no activity at all recorded on the VIN last four 3063.

Very cool car.
That would be wonderful if you can get a hold of your contact. Thanks for the Smog info and I will have to rent these movies you mentioned. So it sounds like #3063 is MIA and possibly nonexistent.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:38 PM

Default Mustang Pic

Quote:
Looks to be a tx car.
Sorry
Yes, I agree this looks like a Texas State Trooper Mustang.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:40 PM

Default You Tube

Quote:
Thanks ,I am going to check out the trailer.