Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:43 AM

Thank you, Mike! I updated the page for your SSP in our VIN Project -

http://www.specialservicemustang.net...info161434.htm

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 01-28-2015, 10:47 AM
VIN guru

Can you have a title history done?

http://www.flhsmv.gov/dmv/forms/BTR/90510.pdf

And since you used the buck tag decoder, can you take a pic of the main buck tag?
Old 01-28-2015, 11:02 AM

If someone with a FHP were to request this information, it would be interesting to see what was listed. It looks like Exemption #6 would be applicable -

6. For use in research activities, and for use in producing statistical reports, so long as the
personal information is not published, redisclosed, or used to contact individuals.

The personal information could be redacted (blacked-out) in order to post it online. It would be good info to have.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 01-28-2015, 05:11 PM

Good deal! Florida will fight you to the end if they show a lien and you don't have proof it's released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notch50 View Post
The lien had been satisfied, I have a copy of the Florida title that had the lien released on it. I only wish I had a copy of the title when the FHP sold it to the first buyer, it may have had the unit number on that one.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:41 PM

I can say the photocopy of my original title has the unit # of my FHP hand written on the face of the title. This may be a way for others to determine their vehicles unit #.

I'd submit for title history on my car however it left Florida after it was sold at auction and I have the chain of custody after the "winning bidder" sold the car. There wouldn't be much for me to gain..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
If someone with a FHP were to request this information, it would be interesting to see what was listed. It looks like Exemption #6 would be applicable -

6. For use in research activities, and for use in producing statistical reports, so long as the
personal information is not published, redisclosed, or used to contact individuals.

The personal information could be redacted (blacked-out) in order to post it online. It would be good info to have.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:22 PM

Thanks for adding it to the Vin project.

Would it be worth trying to have the title history done? It says in the form records available for up to the past 10 years. I believe the car only had 1 owner in Florida after the FHP. It left Florida in 2013 and went to Ohio where it had went through 2 owners before I got it.

The pictures I have of the buck tag are not very clear. I can try to get a better picture of it this weekend. I had to pour a little water over so I could make out some parts of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (31.0 KB, 55 views)

1993 Calypso Green SSP Gilchrist Co.
1990 FHP SSP
Old 01-29-2015, 02:25 PM

I missed where it said that they only go back 10 years on title history. If that's the case then it may not produce any meaningful results.