Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:23 PM
Bobby Edwards

Default Renewed activity

While enthusiasm for our hobby seems to have dried up lately especially on the other site. It warms my heart to see all the new posts on this site. I know participation comes and goes but seems there have been more goes than comes lately... I'm glad Jim is about to dive into his retirement with his SSP boots on!!!
I think this board could use some new projects and project updates! ( He has plenty)... Hopefully I can start to get some forward momentum on mine as well... Just my two cents...

1983 GSP#3083 Capt. C. Stallings #99 Post 41

1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27; ACE wrecked in service with 24k miles; most documented & lowest mileage GSP

1990 GSP#0196 Trpr P. Kirkpatrick #756 Post 29

1992 GSP#2221 Trpr M. Prince #895 Post 9; “1 of 6” LoJack GSP Mustangs
Old 09-17-2015, 08:27 PM

Personally, I just remain focused on my own enthusiasm for the hobby. People come and people go, so I don't get to concerned or wrapped up in all of that business. In any event, I will continue to be out there in a positive fashion representing the hobby and putting a positive image forth for the agencies my SSPs served.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 09-17-2015, 08:29 PM
Bobby Edwards

I agree totally!!!
It's just good to see the new post and updates is all...

1988 GSP#8292 Trpr R. Wilcox #799 Post 27; ACE wrecked in service with 24k miles; most documented & lowest mileage GSP

Old 09-17-2015, 08:39 PM

Great hobby and great people....I have been really lucky to have met many this summer and look forward to 2016 as well....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-11-1714.44.02.jpg (64.7 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-05-0418.55.03.jpg (56.2 KB, 23 views)
Old 09-18-2015, 09:42 AM

I agree. Some of the comments and activities posted in one of the SSP groups on Facebook are concerning and can really shine a negative light on the hobby. On the other hand, there are numerous individuals in the hobby that cast a positive image in what we do and how we present our cars.

I always enjoy updates on how projects are coming along. I will admit I am not the best on posting updates myself. Our biggest holdup are decals. A local individual that does countless equipment installs for numerous local PD's also handles all of their graphics and decals. He has offered to do a set for us as a trial to see his ability on replicating them. The first ones we're doing are for our '92 Mississippi SSP.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:14 AM

Forum activity ebbs & flows, but I agree that it is great to see the site being active and reading updates about projects, shows, and all things SSP-related. It's nice when the opportunity presents itself to meet other members at events, and put a face to the username. I too saw the FB posts, and there will always be people who are into SSP Mustangs for the notoriety/attention they bring to the owner, as opposed to the 99.9% of members here who bring attention to the hobby by responsibly promoting, properly restoring, and fully enjoying the cars. Keep it up!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 09-18-2015, 11:34 AM

I have weathered the ebbs and flows of the SSP sites and the only change I made was to distance myself from the small minority of issues that affected me negatively. Negative issues resulted in negative communication that caused negative results. I made the mistake of letting myself get caught up in that. That was then.....

I have always considered this group the core membership that will represent mustang police cars and their heritage into the future. That is evident by our continued display of respect for the cars and the men and women that served in them. I see nothing but good things here at .NET and am grateful for the friendships I have made.

The important relationships that were damaged by the past have been repaired and those of us that have always been in the hobby for the right reasons continue to enjoy the cars. My passion for the cars has never died and I have quietly continued doing the things with these cars that I enjoy the most. I consider myself an old timer since I have been actively enjoying these cars since 1997. I don't know of anyone else that has stuck with it for 18 years. I have learned that if things get stupid, I ignore the internet. I deactivated my FB account for that very reason.

Recently some (expected) positive changes have started to occur, including my preparation for retirement. My intent is to enjoy the cars till I am pushing up daisies and then let someone else figure out what to do with them all. Until that time I plan on stacking them deep, restoring them all, and going to a couple of shows every year.

and I need an 88 Wyoming car because Gregg needs my 88 Missouri car because he is all out of stuff to do.......

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 09-18-2015, 01:39 PM
Bobby Edwards

Gregg needs my 88 Missouri car because he is all out of stuff to do.......

Old 09-18-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapracing View Post

Gregg needs my 88 Missouri car because he is all out of stuff to do.......

lol

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 09-18-2015, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
and I need an 88 Wyoming car because Gregg needs my 88 Missouri car because he is all out of stuff to do.......
I saw that Gregg sold his SCHP car (per his signature). I wonder what he replaced it with? Something with stripes I bet! And Jim, I didn't know you were thinking of letting go of the 88 Missouri car. Too bad we didn't work out something before I sold my 85 SMPV. 'Too late now, my friend...

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!