Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > 1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

1987-1993 Special Service Mustangs The aero cars.

Old 05-20-2007, 03:59 AM

Default CHP Theme car

I have an 87 Mustang LX coupe that I am painting like a CHP car. It's primarly a race car but it also sees some street driving. Hopefully this won't insult any of you since you all have the real McCoy. They don't seem to become available here in Canada...go figure ha-ha!!

We will be working on the vinyl decals this coming week. Not sure how we will takle the job but I think I can measure the size of the crest and lettering off pictures I've collected over the years. I have always loved the S.S.M's and this is about as close as I can come to owning one for now. I think people will really enjoy seeing it.

So here's a peek:

Old 05-20-2007, 10:31 AM

That's cool.
http://public.fotki.com/predator2020/
Old 05-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Admin

That is very nice....and how does that saying go again about imitation and flattery?

I don't think you'll have a problem with people getting offended. You didn't cut up a Special Service car to make the car, which would have concerned many here. You also aren't claiming it is an SSP, just one you have customized to your liking.

Now...when you're ready for a real one, let us know. There are plenty out there waiting for restorations (even in and close to Canada).

PS> Several of the members here can provide you with the info on where they purchased reproduction decals.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 05-20-2007, 03:27 PM

Here is where you get your decals. http://www.msquadvpd.com/

They did mine and they are excellent. Andy on here also has a place and he too was happy.

I like your car, your a good man not cutting up an SSP to build the race car. Using a regular LX was an excellent idea.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:25 PM

I will own a real SSM one day. I will be in the right place at the right time with my AMX card...lol

In the meantime, this is the next best thing. The kids at the track will love the look of the car when it's done. I will no doubt have the best fan base there by season's end....ha-ha!! Only problem is, I am the track photographer at both our NHRA and stock car track's here in the Ottawa region. I have very few pics of my car in action....and the ones I have are all fuzzy or off angle. I need to hire a photographer. Another good thing, the local police are behind me 100%. They organize a number of events each year, "take it to the track" for young drivers, the motorcycle skills event where police from across Canada compete....those type of events will ensure the car (and owner) are known by the local force...keeps me out of trouble

Thanks for the link to the decals. That may save countless hours of guessing and re-cutting vinyl. I have sent them an email. I will post during the season so you can all see the progress....and the hoards of girls that want a ride.

Thanks!!!!

Buzz Haze
Ottawa Canada
www.buzzhaze.com
Old 05-22-2007, 04:58 PM

Very cool! Ive always wanted to do something like that but with an FHP theme.

1993 FHP 813
1986 UHP SSP slicktop- Getting there little by little.
1993 Floyd Co Ga\Rome Ga pd SSP SOLD

E
ven grief recedes with time, but we must Never Forget. 9-11-01

Mustang Club of America member.