Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > The Briefing Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Briefing Room All Non-Mustang related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2011, 12:21 PM
...Gathering Parts

Well, I don't know Aaron, the track is the best place for that stuff I guess but you know the risks. I just don't want to see you attempt that on the street obviously (I'm sure you aren't that type anyway) as I've seen some in the vintage collecting area occur (ie., http://www.specialservicemustang.net...ad.php?p=14201 ). I can say I did stupid stuff before but it was on the track and not with a cruiser, lost camber on one of my Corvettes at 100 mph with the car attempting to make a sudden right turn fortunately into the fence but I recovered the car before it went completely out of control. These things happen and I wouldn't want to see that happen with your car after all the effort you put into it.

Having helped, designed and run EVOC courses at CEVS, even the best controlled environment can have it's perils. We had a strict policy to not run sirens on the course but lights were allowed. It seems that people have a tendency to overdrive their skills with the addition of an adrenalin shot from the sound of the siren especially if they are not trained to do so. So the siren on a straight run might be ok but it is distracting at times to the driver and will have an effect on them.

All in all, I like the effort you make in being a good steward of the SSP as well as the Copcar hobby. Keep up the good work.