Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Agency-Specific Restoration
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Agency-Specific Restoration Have an Agency-Specific question? This is the place.

Old 02-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac88chp View Post
FYI, your plate number would have been "E408302".
I think it could have been 42, also. I can't remember where I saw the pic, but I think I have a '85 at home with a 42XXXX plate on it.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 04-15-2009, 04:14 PM

Default Resurrecting This Thread! :-)

As some of you know, I recently received a PHOTO COPY of my car's CHP Assignment Card. I spoke with my contact at CHP Motor Transport today, and he is willing to dive into the cards to look for a specific Assignment Card belonging to a CHP Mustang. I had recently asked him to look for 4 cards belonging to other members, but sadly he was not able to locate those specific cards. So there is no guarantee that the card can be found after all this time. But he said in some cases he may be able to provide the original card to the owner!

So I will throw the offer out there - If you are interested in tracking down a photo copy of your CHP Assignment Card, shoot me a PM or post here, and I will pass it along to see if it can be found. You will need to include the entire number for your vehicle. In my case, my car was E408395. All six digits are required in order to track down a card.

It's hard to say how long he will be willing and able to do this for the SSP Community. But we'll try for as long as possible.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 08-30-2009, 01:57 PM

Default 9/30/2009 Update

Just over 2 months ago, I sent a list of CHP unit numbers to my contact at the CHP, in the hope that he could find and copy the original Assignment Cards. Copies of the following cards were requested:

E834428 1974 Dodge ("historynw" on the CHP forum)
E870366 1982 Mustang (litsnsirn" on ORG)
E408445 1985 Mustang (a known SMPV, but car is MIA)
E413732 1986 Mustang ("1986CHPSSP" on ORG)
E432496 1988 Dodge Diplomat ("chpns1" on NET)
E888849 1991 CVPI ("Tallen" on ORG)
E881555 1993 Mustang ("SRT SSP" om ORG)

After returning from our vacation this past week, I rec'd in the mail THE ORIGINAL Assignment Cards for 4 CHP vehicles (one for mine and 3 from the above list). I scanned in the cards front and back, and will post them up for all to see.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 08-30-2009, 02:04 PM

Default CHP #E408395 1985 Mustang

First, here's the CHP Assignment Card for my car #8395 -

I edited out my VIN, but it is there on the card and matches the number on my car. You'll note that the unit number is listed that my car replaced, as well as the unit that replaced my car is also listed. Also, I was told that the equipment notation of a "dot inside the square indicates" a slicktop. My car had been wrecked, and it looks like the repair was made at the same time as it being repainted the Metallic Silver (see the deductible notation).

Old 08-30-2009, 02:08 PM

Default E413732 1986 Mustang

The second car is owned by 1986CHPSSP on ORG -

It appears as though this car was reassigned during it's time while in-service. The original location was erased.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:13 PM

Default E432496 1988 Dodge Diplomat

The third of four cards I rec'd was not for a Mustang, but was instead a 1988 Dodge Diplomat owned by chpns1 -

Given the sale price, I suspect that the car was sold without being repaired after the accident.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:48 PM

Got the card in the mail today! Yes, the Dodge was wrecked and not fixed. Replaced some bent control arms, and it served me well as a daily driver for about 3 years.

Anyone know what the square with the A inside and the D to the right on the bottom of the card mean? It had a light bar, and I'm assuming the Motorola/CC1 equipment. No indication that it was converted to the Rangr setup, unless it was put into service late enough to have it originally. By 91, they all should have been converted.

Marc
Old 08-03-2010, 02:33 PM

I rec'd two more CHP Assignment Cards today. If you have asked me to have a search made for your card, and it's not listed below, then it was not found. (sorry guys!)

The first one is for E408419, which is the recently-surfaced 85 that is owned by RocketScience -

It is interesting to note that 8419 showed signs of an accident, but nothing is listed on the Assignment Card.

I'll create a new post for the other card.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:41 PM

The next card is for the '87 SSP owned by Va 5.0 (VIN blocked out on this one too) -

The original cards will be mailed to the owners once I get their address. It is interesting to note that having the cards creates as many questions as answers. Why are the cards either orange, white, or yellow? Does the color indicate something? What is the R.F. Color? What does "100B" mean in the upper right corner?

I would like to add that I spoke to my source about on-going requests for cards. He asked that I continue to be his single point of contact on requests for cards. The only exception would be if you are interested in buying CHP parts from him, in which case he will be happy to look for your card while gathering the parts you need (PM me for his #). So if you need your CHP Assignment Card, I am happy to serve as a middle-man (with no service charge of course!).

Old 08-03-2010, 05:28 PM

I left Robert Read multiple messages regarding parts and my assignment card but he has not responded. As a result I don't refer anyone else to him.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP