Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Agency-Specific Restoration
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Agency-Specific Restoration Have an Agency-Specific question? This is the place.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
Cool stuff, Bill, and I'm glad you were able to get those. Can you ask him for some of the antenna-coupler boxes the next time you talk to him? I haven't talked to him in a few years.

Jim, he never was able to find my card, and I didn't want to bother him about the incorrect shotgun rack he sent me since he was having health problems. Guess he is still doing ok. Whoever "Sparks" was talking to sent him a photocopy of my card, so somebody had their hands on it at some point.
Mike,

I will be in contact with him soon, and will certainly ask about the antenna coupler boxes. I'm not sure who SparkSVT had gotten copies of those cards from, but Chris told me it wasn't Mr. Read. Andy's card was among those found at that time, but apparently it was not put back in the right spot because Mr. Read could not find it again.

I terms of going to Sacramento, I would love to get a chance to cull through the files myself and look for cards identified as being for Mustangs. I don't know if the CHP would allow a civilian to go through their records and keep those cards or not

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 08-04-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
What is the R.F. Color?
Hey, looking at scanner sites around California it looks like the R.F.color box on the assignment card may refer to frequency alpha tags. Mine was showing copper and the frequency alpha tag showing on a scanner sites for the chp shows copper as an alpha tag for San Bernardino(860). According to this site the alpha tag might indicate what is displayed on a users radio or a channel designation by the agency.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=995

1987 CHP E422920
1988 CHP (sold)
1989 LX Hatch 5.0
1992 UHP
1995 Cobra
Old 08-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Mike,

I will be in contact with him soon, and will certainly ask about the antenna coupler boxes. I'm not sure who SparkSVT had gotten copies of those cards from, but Chris told me it wasn't Mr. Read. Andy's card was among those found at that time, but apparently it was not put back in the right spot because Mr. Read could not find it again.

I terms of going to Sacramento, I would love to get a chance to cull through the files myself and look for cards identified as being for Mustangs. I don't know if the CHP would allow a civilian to go through their records and keep those cards or not
Thanks, Bill. I'm not sure who it was, either, but I'd sure like to get my card.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 08-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va 5.0 View Post
Hey, looking at scanner sites around California it looks like the R.F.color box on the assignment card may refer to frequency alpha tags. Mine was showing copper and the frequency alpha tag showing on a scanner sites for the chp shows copper as an alpha tag for San Bernardino(860). According to this site the alpha tag might indicate what is displayed on a users radio or a channel designation by the agency.

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=995
Good info, Jack. Can anyone who knows what region their car was from and has assignment card confirm?

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 10-27-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
Good info, Jack. Can anyone who knows what region their car was from and has assignment card confirm?
Here is my Assignment Card -

My car served at Quincy Station, which according to Jack's link would have an AMBER identification from Susanville Dispatch Center. But the RED on my card is for Redding Dispatch Center. Both centers are in the Northern Division.

Perhaps there was a reason for my car to have a neighboring frequency? Perhaps the data listed in Jack's link only reflects current information? Error on card?

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 10-27-2010, 10:55 PM
Admin

Interesting info.

Ever hear from Rob about the antenna boxes?

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 10-28-2010, 06:39 AM

No, but I did hear that his wife's health wasn't great.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Perhaps there was a reason for my car to have a neighboring frequency? Perhaps the data listed in Jack's link only reflects current information? Error on card?
The link referenced is the current frequency information. If I had to guess, it would be that the Susanville Dispatch Center was not operational when your car was in service and the Quincy office was dispatched from Redding. That part of the state is very sparcely populated and without a doubt was even more so a quarter of a century ago.
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Old 05-27-2011, 12:04 AM

Has anyone been able to fully decode the assignment cards?

Bill, I truly appreciate your help. In the end, I have mine in my hands after a long wait. No Eminger Invoice, but I have the assignment card, now!!

Greg
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS B4C, Unit # 360 (Colorado State Patrol) **SOLD BACK TO CSP**
1996 Bronco XL 5.8L (California Highway Patrol)
Old 07-27-2011, 10:31 PM

Default another excellent day !!

Steve was nice enought to go by Motor Transport in Sacto and request the assignment card for 1982 CHP unit 0594. It arrived in the mail yesterday !!!

a big thanks to Steve !!!!!

front side:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan0001.jpg (210.6 KB, 74 views)

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP