Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Show Info
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Show Info A place to share information on upcoming shows or other events.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John T View Post
I am SO envious I left LA Friday morning and two hours later was on the side of the road with a bad clutch near Gorman. A rush job (after getting parts) by the mechanic had me back on the road Saturday with hopes of making the show. Within a hundred miles the new cable had stretched and was useless. Never seen anything like it I just got the car back and cleaned it up for a what it should have been photo Real sorry I missed everybody and seeing their great cars. Hope to see you at another show real soon
Many of us, at one time or another, experience some hard luck to/from a show. Thankfully just a clutch and nothing worse...glad you weren't hurt, or anything like that. Great effort with trying to get things resolved away from home.

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 10-06-2013, 06:29 PM

John T.- we were getting updates on your situation Friday and Saturday and were all pulling for you! Not to worry, Morro Bay will be here before you know it.

Well another Ripon is in the books and this one was a record setter for participants in total and for SSP Mustangs also. We had 5 restored CHP, 1 restored NHP, 2 in-progress CHP and 1 daily driver CHP for a total of 9 SSPs. Besides John T. and his '89 CHP, there was also a restored '92 CHP (Jim Young's ex) that ended up MIA due to a mechanical breakdown on show day.

Awards in the Restored Special Service Pursuit Vehicle - Mustang and Camaro class were:

1st place - John S., 1992 CHP Mustang
2nd place - Michael C, 1988 CHP Mustang
3rd place - Gary (?), 1984 CHP Mustang

It was a Mustang and CHP sweep this year! Also, the lone SSP in the daily driver class, a '93 CHP, took 1st place. It was a great showing for all the Mustangs and everyone had a ball. As a great bonus, an SSP was also featured on this year's show plaque!

That's Mike D.'s '86 - it was also a no-show, he brought one of his other cars...gotta find a way to get him to get it over to the show next time!

It is also my pleasure to report that the infamous '88 CHP EVOC unit so often discussed here has landed into the capable hands of member "Kevin" who showed it on Saturday. Among other things, he has replaced the incorrect seats, stripped the doors to remove the door mouldings, cruddy decals and multiple layers of paint and get it re-decaled but most importantly he wiped off all misc. BS decals and those stupid roof autographs!

Glad to have this one back in the hobby in more correct and presentable form!

All my photos here:

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/c...ergency-veh-2/
1988 CHP #3035

http://public.fotki.com/Classicchp/
Old 10-06-2013, 07:08 PM

Congrats on the great showing and that EVOC looks like a whole new car...much better!

1992 Michigan State Police SSP Mustang #5114
1993 Wisconsin State Patrol SSP Mustang
1993 Missouri State Highway Patrol SSP Mustang P641

http://members.fotki.com/MOstang/
Old 10-06-2013, 07:14 PM
JT13140

Wow Looks like it was a great show Congrats to John, Mike and Eric and everybody who was able to make it !Impressive photos.
I'll be ready next time Might even trailer it in the future it's just I like to drive it whenever I get a chance !
My best to all

JT
Old 10-06-2013, 10:38 PM

Thanks for the photos! I hope to attend the show myself sometime.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John T View Post
Does it look like this ? They are cool cars I had one but it was stolen long ago
John....yes...yes, it does. I have #2922. Was used in many of the beauty pics hung at Motor Transport, etc. It's currently black and white and I have a NOS lightbar for it. Slowly building up my parts list to finish it up. Love love love the 92 Camaros.

Very cool pic! If you have others, please share. And...was your B4C stolen while in service or post-service? What happened to it? And what unit # was it?
Old 10-07-2013, 01:18 AM

Congrats Kevin on bringing home that 88. FINALLY...someone who can give it the life it deserves. Way way cool.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:31 AM
JT13140

Hey Ryan

That awesome My car was if I remember correctly 2914 but I'll have go looki it up . Interesting story: Car Craft contacted me about doing a story re buying a used patrol car since was the PR guy at the time. I said sure. In the back lot getting stripped and ready for sale was the unit Still black and white no light bar. They took some photos and put it in the article Couple weeks later I ended buying it with plans to restore it. It was stolen from in front of my house a month or two later. If you send me an address I'll mail you out a 16 x20 pic if your car A publicity shot. I was bringing them and mustang posters to Ripon with me when I broke down I may still have a copy of the article. We only had 20 if the Camaros It was a study to see if they should replace the Mustang As you know the Camaro was redesigned the next year do the study was ended. Most of the cars were reassigned as Public Affairs cars.

JohnT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (35.9 KB, 61 views)
Old 10-07-2013, 09:41 AM

Thanks to all who posted pictures of the show. It looks like a great event that I hope to attend one day. And I would also like to congratulate/thank Kevin for rescuing that 88 EVOC Mustang, and making it so much better.

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 10-07-2013, 11:46 AM

Great Stuff!
Thanks to all that posted
someday i will make that show!