Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Special Service Mustangs For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Special Service Mustangs For Sale Any and all SSP Mustangs.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:18 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPI View Post
Ok I can buy that. Many don't do that with the areas here. However, I know that this is not a CTSP car. The only possibility at all with CT is with DMV or Commercial enforcement. CTSP had blue only and stick.

Thanks!
No prob, and thanks for the confirmation on it not being a CTSP car via your contacts. Amazingly, I didn't even have to go to my "PMs" to get it.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363
Old 06-23-2011, 09:02 AM
...Gathering Parts

Ok, I confirmed this morning with the CTSP that they do not title their cars until they are done with them - a manufacturers certificate of origin is the only documentation until the unit is auctioned off. Again, confirming the obvious that this is not a CTSP car. Also, the Mustangs that were purchased were in various colors of Red, Silver, Blue but no Black so that the car would retain a higher resale value at auction, along with the obvious stealthy attributes of a multi colored fleet for traffic enforcement.

Now, with the grease pen markings in the engine compartment, it could be from a municipal fleet garage. So there is a potential that it was an extra from the batch of 49 that were built with the Detroit (48) DSO in 1989 and was used for a fill in for something else in a local fleet.

Interesting "mystery of history"... but it doesn't seem to matter about some of the facts for eBayers these days.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:58 AM

Thanks all
Old 06-25-2011, 11:04 AM
...Gathering Parts

In the interest of accuracy, I spoke again with CTSP Museum people yesterday on the additional issues and I do stand corrected on the black color as they did use black along with all types of colors of the rainbow. I'm trying to be accurate with this so I will verify with CSP Fleet about this specific vehicle.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPI View Post
In the interest of accuracy, I spoke again with CTSP Museum people yesterday on the additional issues and I do stand corrected on the black color as they did use black along with all types of colors of the rainbow. I'm trying to be accurate with this so I will verify with CSP Fleet about this specific vehicle.
As you probably already know, we're all about trying to put out the most accurate info we can here, so we appreciate your efforts.

I read through the discussion over on ORG....anyone that uses a work computer to run 67 VINs to check their "existence" (if true) is in direct violation of numerous policies governing the use of that system. People have even been criminally prosecuted for such misuse.

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 06-25-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post
As you probably already know, we're all about trying to put out the most accurate info we can here, so we appreciate your efforts.

I read through the discussion over on ORG....anyone that uses a work computer to run 67 VINs to check their "existence" (if true) is in direct violation of numerous policies governing the use of that system. People have even been criminally prosecuted for such misuse.
So even with all that rust it looks like it may be worth restoring after all?
Old 06-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkSVT View Post
So even with all that rust it looks like it may be worth restoring after all?
Anything is worth restoring if it's what you like....

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 06-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImEvil1 View Post

To avoid any confusion about what I posted, a copy of the original, unedited post is below. It has since been edited, not by the OP, but by one of the mods. Again, if it's true, it's wrong, and I'd hate to think that kind of thing is being condoned over there.

http://www.sspmustang.org/forums/sho...1&postcount=19
Attached Images
File Type: jpg csp.JPG (69.1 KB, 68 views)

Mike

'83 Texas DPS
Old 06-29-2011, 08:59 AM
...Gathering Parts

Looks like a zero feedback person got the final bid of $1,125.00 on this car. I have to really wonder if its even worth that. No known history and only speculation of it's origin. I'm guessing it's going to be back up on the bay again.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:19 AM

Default For Healeybill

Thanks for your effort and if a Conn car becomes available I would be interested. Charlie
fishdocktor@netscape.net