Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Welcome!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Welcome! New Member/Visitor area. Feel free to post up any questions you have about the site or the forums.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:27 AM
CHiPster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
You know me - always causing trouble! I'm surprised that y'all still talk to me for running 10-holes on a 4-eye!
Not having the correct paint or equipment on the car is not the problem people on this forum have. You can be incorrect about it all as long as you can acknowledge it is incorrect. The problem is when people put in what they think belongs and then want everyone to accept it as correct and preach what they don't know.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:37 PM
1985 CHP/NEV SSP'S

My car was a SPECIAL ORDER CHP with a 408 engine. I think that that there is only one of these cars they ordered. lol lol ......... All kiding aside the fact that a person does not have a bone stock car, should not mean that they should not be treated less than on any website. My car has 100% correct CHP equipment. My engine is a 1969 351 stroker with a Eagle crank so it now is a 408. I feel as though as long as you dont mutealate the car it should be acceptable to do mods on your car as long as your intent is to preserve the car. My car will never be for sale period. If some members feel as though I am off base with my views I think that all of the members that feel that no mods are acceptable the those members should look into starting a new ssp mustang site with the only way you will be accepted is if your car is only in stock ssp form.Then we will not have any of these issues............

Rich
1985 California Highway Patrol #8336 Napa Ca office.

1985 Nevada Highway Patrol #30. Federal Test Car. Reno Nv office.

California Highway Patrol#8336 & Nevada Highway Patrol #30 Restoration Pictures.

http://public.fotki.com/CHP8336/
Old 07-01-2009, 01:04 PM
UASSP

OH Brother!!? This IS the new site.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:32 PM
UASSP

[/
Old 07-01-2009, 02:11 PM

I will just throw this out there for consideration by all.

Most everyone here has an ssp car and has an interest in these particular cars for various reasons, each their own. Not everyone has a bone stock ssp car and I assure you that is ok with ALL the moderators and admin here. We like to see the cars saved, restored, showed , etc etc. but one of our most important "rules" here is that members represent the cars and themselves in a professional manner especially at shows etc. If I go to a show with an ssp car and make an ass out of myself it reflects negatively on all "those cop mustang guys". So if a member posts up a video on u-tube of a fake pursuit thru a parking lot we are going to take issue with that. I have seen ssp members post videos of themselves doing smokey burnouts and donuts on public streets then get seriously offended if someone takes issue with it. It all boils down to what the moderators and the majority of the members are willing to accept. I guess we are a little stricter here but it makes for a focused interesting site without all the extra BS. In regards to the mis information highway I can say this. If you post it up and say it's so, then it needs to be so. Putting up erroneous false information without researching the topic is not acceptable to us here. Most importantly, as this site continues to grow there will be 'growing pains" and we have found several things that needed to be corrected in the past and we did so immediately. We are all intelligent enough to realize that we learn new things everyday and if we need to make a correction we are adult enough to do so. Not everyone likes us here, or agrees with our method of running a website but that is OK.

The most important parts to the equation is that we represent the cars and the cops that drove them in a respectful manner, try to keep the BS to a minimum, lock out the rif raf, and have an enjoyable experience when we are on this site.

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 07-01-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDrama43 View Post
I will just throw this out there for consideration by all.

Most everyone here has an ssp car and has an interest in these particular cars for various reasons, each their own. Not everyone has a bone stock ssp car and I assure you that is ok with ALL the moderators and admin here. We like to see the cars saved, restored, showed , etc etc. but one of our most important "rules" here is that members represent the cars and themselves in a professional manner especially at shows etc. If I go to a show with an ssp car and make an ass out of myself it reflects negatively on all "those cop mustang guys". So if a member posts up a video on u-tube of a fake pursuit thru a parking lot we are going to take issue with that. I have seen ssp members post videos of themselves doing smokey burnouts and donuts on public streets then get seriously offended if someone takes issue with it. It all boils down to what the moderators and the majority of the members are willing to accept. I guess we are a little stricter here but it makes for a focused interesting site without all the extra BS. In regards to the mis information highway I can say this. If you post it up and say it's so, then it needs to be so. Putting up erroneous false information without researching the topic is not acceptable to us here. Most importantly, as this site continues to grow there will be 'growing pains" and we have found several things that needed to be corrected in the past and we did so immediately. We are all intelligent enough to realize that we learn new things everyday and if we need to make a correction we are adult enough to do so. Not everyone likes us here, or agrees with our method of running a website but that is OK.

The most important parts to the equation is that we represent the cars and the cops that drove them in a respectful manner, try to keep the BS to a minimum, lock out the rif raf, and have an enjoyable experience when we are on this site.

Don't take this the wrong way Jim, but that it probably the best-worded post I've seen you make!

To everyone out there, wherever you are. Remember, the light at the end of the tunnel may be the police chasing you down in their own Mustang!
Old 07-01-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHP8336 View Post
If some members feel as though I am off base with my views I think that all of the members that feel that no mods are acceptable the those members should look into starting a new ssp mustang site

Rich
No offense Rich, but we did... No one said mods were unacceptable, just not looked at with the enthusiasm that the "modder" might expect.

1993 FHP 813
1986 UHP SSP slicktop- Getting there little by little.
1993 Floyd Co Ga\Rome Ga pd SSP SOLD

E
ven grief recedes with time, but we must Never Forget. 9-11-01

Mustang Club of America member.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28HopUp View Post
Don't take this the wrong way Jim, but that it probably the best-worded post I've seen you make!
uhh .....thanks Bill. ( I think?)

for the first time since 1998 there is only two left:

1984 Oregon SP unmarked
1986 Idaho SP
Old 07-01-2009, 03:59 PM
1985 CHP/NEV SSP'S

Well said Jim. +1
1985 California Highway Patrol #8336 Napa Ca office.

1985 Nevada Highway Patrol #30. Federal Test Car. Reno Nv office.

California Highway Patrol#8336 & Nevada Highway Patrol #30 Restoration Pictures.

http://public.fotki.com/CHP8336/
Old 07-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Admin

I'm glad this discussion started (even though it technically is a true hijack).

Personally, I've come to the point where I can tolerate mods. If we run a guy off from here for having minor mods to his SSP, what good are we really doing anyone? Don't get me wrong....many of you remember the guy who showed up at ORG a few years back talking about how he was going to take a rare, unmolested SSP car, cut it all up, and shove a Chevrolet motor in it. We didn't tolerate that type of garbage then (over there) and we still won't now. Same goes for someone parting a perfectly restorable car. But a few variations from "stock"? Not my cup of tea, but to each their own, and it's not like anyone is going to get kicked out of here for it.

Alot of guys here do have experience with racing and modified cars, and the OP was asking about rear gears on a non-SSP. No big deal to me. I like how Bernie worded his response, too....SSP mods not looked at with the same "enthusiasm".

x1000 on Jim's comments about conducting ourselves appropriately and respectfully. We really don't have many problems here, and I think that reflects positively on not only the members who participate, but also to everyone involved in running the thing. Everyone isn't always going to agree on every single issue; but we've shown we can compromise when necessary and also to agree to diasgree respectfully with each other at other times.

Mike

'82 SSP (Marketing Order)
'83 Colorado State Patrol #202
'83 Texas DPS
'85 Florida Highway Patrol #1422
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1187
'93 Florida Highway Patrol #1363