Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Welcome!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Welcome! New Member/Visitor area. Feel free to post up any questions you have about the site or the forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2011, 12:45 AM

Default Hello from Oregon

Hello. I just joined and I do have a SSP Mustang. I own an '88 model originally built for the Oregon State Police, but never delivered. This is one from the order placed thru Dammero Ford in Beaverton, Oregon in the spring of 88.
I see there is some discussion about one for sale on E-bay being one of these. The last six of my VIN is 172260 so I think that one is real being just four numbers from mine. I bought mine new in April of 88.
I see there was a question about the correct exhaust system for these. I noticed the diagram that was posted showed only 2 cats on the H pipe, mine has 4.
Someone asked about the correct radio for these. Mine came with no radio. There is a plastic plate attached to the upper side of the small shelf area that is below where the radio sets. Its molded with the shelf . there is a crease between the 2 and I just broke it off to allow a radio to be installed. My car did come with the full radio harness and 4 speakers (2 in dash, 2 in rear). Also there was a plastic cover over the hole in the fender for the antenna. I have saved these pieces and will sometime post pics of them along with part numbers if they are molded in.
As I have owned this car since new for twenty three years I have some knowledge of the ups and downs of them. Over all a damned good car. I will be happy to help with any questions anyone has.