Special Service Mustang.net Forums

Go Back   Special Service Mustang.net Forums > Welcome!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Welcome! New Member/Visitor area. Feel free to post up any questions you have about the site or the forums.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2011, 11:54 AM

Default New to SSP Forum

So I just bought a 1993 SSP car and can't believe how untouched this car is. I found it a bit comical that I even found a Krispy Kreme reciept under the passenger seat that was from back when it was in service. The car is straighter than eny fox body mustang I have ever owned and since it was not used as a highway patrol car, there are no holes in the dash. Even the original black ford driverside floor mat is unworn.

I was hoping for some ideas on how to find some history on the car. Fortunately, I have a head start on a lot of the data and there is a bunch of original paperwork that came with the car. I have heard that a build sheet came with every car but you just have to find it. I have owned dozens of fox bodies in the past and have never seen one... but I have never had one as untouched and stock as this one. So took out seats and carpet hoping to find the build sheet but no luck. Have many people managed to find a build sheet in their car or is it pretty rare?

Also, the car was delivered from ford all white but the local office in GA decided to paint the car LA blue as is written in the door jamb. Should I return the car back to its original white or should the car be left blue because that is part of its heritage as a police car?

Thanks, Chris